1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kamina, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Kamina

So I'm mentally gearing up to come out to someone, dunno who but if the moment arises or I feel ready I want to do it. The thing is I don't know how to do it. While writing a letter will make me sound more pulled together, I feel like some people I know would be upset I didn't tell them in person so I can't do that. I'm literally so desperate I've considered making a "I'm gay!!" Rainbow cake and giving it to the person and then answering questions.

I just need some help before plan Rainbow Cake becomes a reality!

2. TKM

TKM

it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks you need to tell them the way YOU are comfortable telling them. it seems like you're really ready to come out, i totally know how that feels hahahaha for me it didn't matter how i told someone I just wanted it out. I told one of my best friends through text. I told another one of my friends in person, I told my mom in person and I called my sister. I personally would totally do the rainbow cake:lol: why not?

3. crickett

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yelena:

You are a young, vibrant girl that is struggling like the rest of us with our sexuality and the best way for each of us to come out. There is an old adage, how do you eat an elephant? Answer: one bite at a time. The same holds true with coming out. How does a gay individual come out of the closet? Answer: one step at a time.

You and I have varied interests and experiences. For one, I am a great deal older than you and just now coming out. Will your coming out story be the same as mine? Absolutely not. Why? I have not experienced your identical story nor you mine. Therefore, you must choose the best way to come out. Is it mandated you come out to EVERYONE. No. This is your life, your story. Write it so it makes you happy. As RuPaul once said, paraphased, it is none of my damn business what others think of me. Again, it is no ones business if, how, or when and to whom you come out to.

I have one regret. I wish I had had the strength to come out to Mom, Dad, and my sister. I have lost my dad and my sister and mother has dementia. Now if I was tell mother, she would not understand.

Come out your way - not mine - no your friends - your way and to whom you feel the need and the pull to do so.

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's no right or wrong way to come out and that cake sounds like a delicious idea :grin:
    No, seriously, if you feel like you want to write a letter to some people then go for it. Because it is very difficult to actually say the words, "I am gay", especially aloud. I don't think I've ever fully said it aloud to my family--it was more in the form of broken English. I had a lump in my throat, my heart was racing and I was sweaty all wrapped into one.

I have a great idea and I saw this on the TV show called One Tree Hill. You can actually find the episode on iTunes, that's only if you want to see it. The girl decided to tell her parents by having them sit in the room where she was, while she stood in front of a mirror. She said something like, "I hope you don't love me any less, but I am gay." It's been a really long time since I've watched it, so she might have said bisexual. However, they cried and they loved her regardless, so you know I'm sure whoever you decide to come out to will feel the same.

#4 pinklov3ly, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013