1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i know if he is right for me!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by michaelman, Aug 19, 2013.

1. michaelman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    how do i know if the guy i like is right for meeeeeee!!!!! :tears:

~i like hugs (*hug*) lol~

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's one of the hardest questions in the world! That's because it implies that you know yourself well enough to make that judgment...and few people are confident enough about themselves to make that judgment.

In matters such as this, your heart has a wisdom all its own, and it will want what it wants. It will also tell you what you don't want. You need to be sensitive to both sides, the pros and the cons, and weigh each carefully and honestly.

If you feel that it isn't right for you, you need to muster to courage to fail early, to simply say clearly, without giving the guy hope that you'll change your mind, that it isn't working. That's the hardest part of relationships, because it means that you're back to where you started, but, better happy alone than less happy in a bad relationship.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trial and error.

People don't come with huge neon signs over them saying "THIS IS THE ONE FOR YOU!" You find out if he's a good fit by interacting with him. And, in many ways, you find out by actually trying the relationship. If you click well, then he's right for you. If you don't, then he isn't.

Also note - there is no ONE "right guy for you". Or two. Or a dozen. There are literally hundreds of guys with whom you might have a good-to-great-to-mindblowing relationship.

Lex

4. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your Prince :wink: