1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to wife?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LarryC, May 17, 2008.

1. LarryC

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm new here and haven't found to much concerning this. Any direction please?

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well stick around, we've got some other members who have been through the same thing.

3. s5m1

Hi, Larry. Welcome to EC. I was married at one time but have not come out to my former wife. Are you still married? Do you want to stay with her? Have you figured out what you want?

4. Alexander

There's another member here, stevieboy1 who posted in this forum a while back with almost the same situation. you might try contacting him. I also know that Jim1454 and a couple others have been married, so your best bet is to wait a day or two till they post in this thread :slight_smile: welcome to EC!

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might also take a look over at the sister (?) site ###'s messageboard. There are quite a few formerly/currently married gays/bisexuals there.

Lex

6. LarryC

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    YOu asked if I would like to be with her? The answer is yes, but I know we can never live under the same roof again. Thank god our children are grown, they don't know about me yet, but I feel they suspect. We were together 31 years, and it's had to turn off you emothions in a flick of light switch.

7. Jim1454

Hi Larry. Welcome to EC from Jim in Toronto. I was married for 10 years, so can relate to your situation. I'm not sure what your story is though, so tough to offer advice.

I'm at the cottage this weekend, so responding here using my blackberry (you gotta love technology). PM me though if you'd like to chat in more detail.

Many cities (like Toronto) have support groups for 'gay dads'. You might reach out to one of those as well.

Again, welcome.

8. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Welcome to EC. I'm also in a similar boat. Married, children etc. PM me if you wanna chat.

9. Peter

Hi Larry - I have started a topic with exactly the same title in the "coming out" forum. I explain my story, which is fresh and still painful. Many of the responses I received were very helpful and encouraging. You are not alone there. Peter.