1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GAH I can't tell if she's flirting and it's FRUSTRATING me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by xballetxbeautyx, May 17, 2008.

1. So today I had a little "study party" with some friends as we have exams next week. We studied for like 2 hours (until 4), then the productive girl left and the three of us remaining screwed around. At five, my other friend left, so it was just me and one other girl.

So this girl (we'll call her X) has been one of my best friends for two years and she is one of the few girls who knows that I'm bi. A few weeks ago, she told me that she needed to tell me something.

Me: What?
    X: Well... never mind.
    Me: No, seriously, what?

^This continued for a few minutes and then she says:

X: I think you know, you just want me to tell you.
    Me: I think I know too. Just tell me.
    X: No... well, you know what you told us at Eli's bar mitzvah? [That was when I told her I'm bi]
    Me: Yeah...
    X: Well, it's that. I like someone.

We had to leave (we were at school for a rehearsal) and we started texting.

Me: Please, you can tell me, I don't care.
    X: I think you know who it is.
    Me: Is it me?
    X: Yes.
    Me: To be honest I kinda feel the same way.

So we talked on AIM that night and decided that we weren't going to go out because we were friends and that would be weird. But she said she had liked me for two and a half months. And then two days later, she decides she doesn't like me after all. The other day she asked me if I still liked her (I really, really do). I said I didn't know because I didn't want to say "no" and discourage her in case she likes me, but I didn't want to say "yes" and freak her out if she doesn't like me.

X was the last one there today, and I couldn't tell if she was flirting or not. She kept tickling me, and I kinda accidentally grabbed her boob...:icon_redf But we were sharing a chair most of the time and she would NOT stop tickling me. And she kept playing songs that she knows make me really, really horny... and then... just.... I couldn't tell if she was flirting or not and I didn't want to bring it up in case it made it awkward. :help: This is sort of a rant. Anybody have any advice for me? ~megan~

2. Alexander

She definitely sounds like a huuuuge flirt to me :slight_smile: I think you know that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I can't give you any advice but to talk to her about the mixed signals she's giving you. :kiss: good luck!

3. *sigh* I asked her on AIM if she still liked me, and her reply was something like "o idk i guess ya kinda." I was like come on, give me a real answer! But my mom was stupid and made me go to bed so we couldn't really talk about it more. I'm going to talk to her today.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>> I said I didn't know because I didn't want to say "no" and discourage her in case she likes me, but I didn't want to say "yes" and freak her out if she doesn't like me.

See, it sounds like you're BOTH playing this game.

She said she liked you, but quickly backed off when you decided "it would be weird". Then she said she didn't like you anymore (like that), hoping to prove to you that it was all cool, that you could still be friends. But then she's wondering - do you still feel that way? So you both sort of do this dance, speaking in code, and wondering what the hell the other person really means.

Best bet - stop playing. Be straight up. Tell her yes, you still like her, and still have feelings for her. But you're willing to just be friends if she thinks that's best, and you're willing to go further if she'd like.

Lex

5. acorn7

Sounds to me like you both like each other... so stop f-ing around! :wink:

6. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Yup it sounds like a blatant Ron/Hermione case. You just need to have the guts to tell her you really like her! (If that's what you want).

7. Trumpetplyer23

DING DING DING DING! That's my flirt radar going off. Damn, you guys almost broke it, lol.

Anyways, I think she is flirting with you and a definatly think you should tell her straight up.

8. *sigh* I told her over AIM, and she still hasn't given me a straight answer. She was like "ya... idk..." And then I said, "Come on, be certain! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I need clarification!" So she says "well idk. I'M JUST A PERSON!"

That was like 5 minutes ago and now we're joking as always. I'm just relieved that she didn't freak out or crush my hopes and dreams. And we both agreed that friendship is more important. ~megan~

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>I told her over AIM.

And there's your error right there. :slight_smile: It's easy to bat away difficult questions on IM with a quick "idk" or "brb". Much harder to in real life, and it's easier to see what they're thinkng too. :slight_smile:

Lex

10. I knew somebody was gonna say that. It was just frustrating me, and it's not like we're gonna get any time alone at school, and I had to get it over with. :confused:

For now, I'm content. I'll talk to her for real next time she tries to tickle me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: