1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some advice for coming out soon

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MathMan, Aug 19, 2013.

1. MathMan

Hey everyone,

I have been on this site for over a year and over the past year and few months, I've become way happier with myself. I want to come out to my family and close friends but I'm not sure how to approach it.

I am not afraid of most people in my life to know my sexuality, but i am afraid and nervous about the act of telling them. Over the past several months, my sister, mom, two best friends, and some coworkers have become more suspicious of me being gay or bi. I've dropped lots of little hints since i came back out of the closet to myself around 4 or 5 months ago.

One thing I'm stuck on is what to tell my friends and family...i thought i was purely gay about a year ago and the flings with chicks in my past have all been out of denial. while that is partly true, i've come to realize that i am bisexual with a preference of about 70% attraction to guys and about 30% towards women.

Also, i feel kinda stuck on dating and meeting gay people. i've heard its easier once you actually come out. but the people i am coming out too aren't gay or know any gay people, so i'm kinda confused on that one. if anyone can offer any advice or anything, i'd appreciate it! :slight_smile:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, if you're confident that you're bisexual and not gay, tell them that. You may have to explain what that means exactly...my mum for example thought it meant that every so often you went of girls and liked boys for a bit!

I found it easiest to pick the person I trusted most and knew would be fine about it (my conveniently bisexual best friend) and went from there. It got easier after the first to tell my friends. If they're already suspicious theoretically the aftermath should be nice and simple! Good luck however you do it!

3. Hunted

I agree
    A good way to tell them is with confidence and tell them that you are proud of who you are
    I don't know if that's what you were asking but it's a start
    Don't be afraid to be yourself :grin: