1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would You Try Again?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zexion, May 17, 2008.

?

Should I try again?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    97.1%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Undecided

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. Zexion

Ok, so there is this guy in my class that is SO cute and he recently started talking to me (or rather, the other way around). I plucked up the courage and asked him to go out Sunday to see Ironman and maybe come over to play video games. We arranged this on Monday.

Well, he called me today, Saturday, to say that he couldn't make it because he and his brother had a state-wide tournament which, if he won, would take them to Hawaii.

....it was for video games.

I went crazy! Not like, flippant crazy, more like, "BLARGHHH! ;-; I was so looking forward to this!" crazy. Even though I didn't really -know- him, I was devastated like I'd known him for years! Even now, it's like, I'm close to tears and I don't know why. I mean, like I said before, I didn't know him that well. :/

I'm not really pissed off at him, I'm just really hurt that I can't spend tomorrow with him. >_<

So, my question is...would you ask him out again if he did this to you?

#1 Zexion, May 17, 2008
    Last edited: May 17, 2008
  2. RGX Guy

RGX Guy Guest

sure. Ask if he wants to have a makeup day in like two weeks

3. Yesss. Like the late Aaliyah once said, "If at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again"

4. davo-man

^ oh god I loved that song!

And, yes, I agree...Maybe on Wednesday say to him "Hey, I was bummed you couldnt go see Ironman, I was really forward to seeing it...Wanna go this weekend instead?"

5. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would disagree--I wouldn't let on to him that you were mega-disappointed. I mean I think it's fine that you were (I'm sure I would be, too) but it could get misinterpreted. Instead just tell him that it's too bad and reschedule.

And keep reminding yourself that it's just bad luck, not a reflection on how much he wants to hang out with you. At the same time, also remind yourself it's okay to be disappointed, even if you don't know him that well. I mean not getting to hang out with a cute guy is not getting to hang out with a cute guy. It sucks. :slight_smile:

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Schedules change. It happens. He obviously was interested enough to 1. set the date in the first place, and 2. cancel the date via phone when he realized he couldn't go. He didn't just send an e-mail or text saying "Can't go Sun Bye". :slight_smile:

Wish him luck and offer him a raincheck.

Lex

7. Witch of the We

California's version of Munchkinland and the West
    Go for it Jamie. Go for it!

8. SRSLYMARK

You definitely should reschedule!