1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have no idea what this means

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by reetPetite, May 18, 2008.

1. reetPetite

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, I've been lurking here for a while, and I thought I'd join today because I really need some advice.
    I've been best friends with the most wonderful girl in the world for almost ten years now. Lulu is about a million different kinds of perfect. She's incredibly beautiful, very smart, really funny, and has this way of understanding me perfectly. I've been in love with her since before I knew what that meant. I remember one time when we were nine years old and I found myself just studying her, trying to memorise her face, and thinking that she was definitely the most beautiful girl in the world. I still think she is.
    As far as I know, she's straight. But something happened yesterday that has me completely confused and thrilled and scared and walking on air, all at the same time. I kissed her. And she kissed me back. It was freezing cold yesterday, one of the coldest days we've had since last winter, but we were at the beach because that's where we go when we want to sit and talk and just be together. We were cuddled into each other because it was so chilly, and I turned my head to smile at her and say something and then somehow, we ended up kissing. I don't know how long it lasted, but it must have been a while, because the sun was starting to go down when it ended. We didn't talk about it, for a couple of seconds we just looked away, then I said we should get home, and we just left - we chatted, but didn't mention what happened. I'll see her tomorrow at school and I have no idea what to say to her. I just love her so much and I can't believe this happened, and I don't know how she feels about it and about me. Does anyone have any advice on what I should say to her?

#1 reetPetite, May 18, 2008
    Last edited: May 18, 2008
  2. Leigh

Leigh Guest

chances are shes gonna wanna talk about what happened aswell. you could try leading with "about what happened on the beach..." and see where it leads.

hope it works out!

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wait until you're alone. This isn't a conversation for algebra class. :slight_smile: Then bring it up. Make a few things VERY clear - 1. you don't hate her or anything for it, and 2. you enjoyed it. Then, tell her about you. Tell her that you're still grappling with your sexuality, you don't know where you stand right now, but you enjoyed what happened.

Lex

4. reetPetite

Out Status:
    Some people
    She wasn't at school today, and I don't want to talk about this over the phone. I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Feel vaguely like I'm going to explode.

5. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Wow! I agree with Lexington. Talk to her about it alone and explain that you liked it and that you're questioning your sexuality. Then see what she says. Good luck!!

Why don't things like that happen to me T-T

6. halfy

god i am soo jealus. the most i ever got off my crush was a platonic peck on the cheek on new year's eve. i bet you are jumping for joy. the girl you are in love with has kissed you. the advice i would give is casually ask her if she wants to hang out with you after school, and if she says yes; when you hang out you can get the chance to talk to her about what happened. i wouldn't go rushing into things like telling her you love her. i would start off slowly saying that you like her and you liked what happened between you. then see where it goes from there. i hope this was of any help.

7. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Leigh I slightly disagree. I don't think you should with 'about what happened on the beach...' because such openings are usually the beginning of a conversation that nobody really wants to have, so it might make her feel awkward, or that you're going to say something weird or nasty, when really you just want to tell her it's ok. However the people above are right that you should definitely talk to her and explain that you're still unsure about your sexuality. Don't say that you love her right away.

8. reetPetite

Out Status:
    Some people
    I am
    so
    incredibly
    happy.

9. awesomeap88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am guessing from your last post that you have spoken to her and the conversation went really well. What happened?

10. Astaroth

I'm dying to hear what happened! Please let us know how it went when you have a moment. It's like watching the commercial right before the Season Finale of a show! :lol:

11. Peridot

Oh
    My
    Goodness!

You are soooo lucky!!

If only that could happen with one of my friends. ;.;

Well, what happenned?!?!?!?

Holy fish crackers of saliva filling homo girraffes!!!
    Tell!!!!

12. simon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it seems that you have talked to her.

tell us how it went

13. reetPetite

Out Status:
    Some people
    Basically, I'm walking on air right now :grin: We had a long talk yesterday before school. I had to reassure her that I didn't hate her (she said she wouldn't blame me if I did) and that I didn't hate the kiss, I liked it. I told her that I'm still not really sure about my sexuality but I'm pretty sure I'm not straight, and that I was so happy after we kissed because I've wanted to for a long time. She said she felt the same way. And she told me that she loved me. I'm still kind of shaking even though it happened yesterday morning. Incredibly happy. Having trouble forming coherent sentences. Don't really care. Thanks for all your advice, guys.

14. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, that's so adorable! Congrats!

15. Astaroth

oh wowwie zowwie! That's freaking AWESOME! Congrats! (!)

16. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG Congratz!!! :grin: I wish that would happen to me!!! But all my straight crushes really are straight.......:frowning2:

17. awesomeap88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That is so great to hear! Congratulations!!!!!! (!)

18. Peridot

DAMMIT! That's like a dream come true for me!
    Best of luck to both of you and congratulations!!!