1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Maddy, May 18, 2008.

1. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really, really hate my hair. It's really frizzy, seems to sit somewhere between straight and wavy, and because I've had a problem with pulling my hair out for the last few years, there are a lot of shorter strands along my parting that stick up and look ridiculous. I have no idea what sort of hairstyle would suit me. I have a fairly round face and dark brown hair, there's a photo of me in my profile if it helps. My hair at the moment is long-ish and just a blunt cut, no layers or anything. I wouldn't mind my hair short, but I don't know how that would look on me or if it would make my face look too chubby. I don't want to dye it at all (no streaks or highlights or anything) and I don't want anything too high-maintenance, but other than that, I'll try almost anything. Does anyone more knowledgeable about this sort of thing have any advice about what style would suit me?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd leave it in the hands of an expert.

Go to a hair salon. It doesn't have to be a super-pricey one, but I'd make sure you're at least one step above "SuperCuts". :slight_smile: Find a stylist who seems friendly - don't take the first one just because she's available if she looks surly or bored. Talk with her a bit before she puts the drape on you. Tell her what you told us - that you're unhappy with your hair, you don't know what to do with it, and you're willing to try something different. Let her examine your hair for a bit, and then she'll probably give you a few suggestions. Pick one, and run with it. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. jroakwood

if your hair is really frizzy and breaking, maybe you need to condition it more often.
    get a deep conditioner that maybe if you have a day free, you could leave in for a while.
    and then you can just use it in the shower also.

you should try some layering too. layers are sweet.