1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by blond, Aug 21, 2013.

1. blond

I'm thinking of coming out to my oldest sister on friday. And i'm not sure how to do it. A part of me say's to just blurt it out to her. But i don't know how she will take it. What should i do?

2. Data

Data Guest

Not sure how she'll react? Throw out some bait.

"Hey sis, do you know that crazy kid who was really popular on YouTube, Fred? He just came out as gay. I'm not too surprised, but what do you think about it?"

If she says "Ermahgerd that's great! Good for him!" then you get the green light!

If she says "I don't remember him, but that's cool. Whatever." also a green light.

If she says "Oh my God, and kids love him? He's a monster!" RED LIGHT. WHOA!

Get the idea? A little testing was in order when I came out and I'm glad I tested people. The results were good, but I didn't go in blind!

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would go along with what Data said, testing the waters definitely wouldn't hurt. I usually use someone who is very positively thought of, just to be absolutely sure before telling them. On how to come out, there are many different ways to go at it. You can be serious, funny, straight to the point, whatever you think will bring the most positive response and final outcome. Best of luck to you. (*hug*)

4. blond

Think's guy's. I'm going to try testing her like you said. I'm still a little nervous though.