1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to come out (again)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Revkah, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Revkah

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So about 8 months ago I came out to my family as Bisexual because I wasn't sure if I was a lesbian or not because I kept denying it. Now I realize I am a lesbian and I accept it , but I'm nervous about telling my parents because they took me being bisexual a bit difficult. they kept saying "it's a phase." " it's from your depression, it's messing with you." But I know that it isn't any of those things, I've always known I'm different.
    I've tried about 10 times in the past few months because I don't want to keep this side of me a secret from the people I love anymore but each time I try I can't get it out, I just freeze.. I've known I've had feelings toward girls since I was about 13, and I'm 18 now, I just feel like I need to tell them before it's to late and they somehow find out. I just don't know how to tell them. What do I do?

2. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    This is what I would tell them: "Mom, Dad, you guys were right. It was just a phase. I'm not bisexual, I'm a full blown lesbian."

You're not the first, nor the last person to use the bi label as a transitional identity. If you want to tell them, just wait for a good opportunity and do it. There's no really good way to break it to them, if they're not OK with it.