1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Better way to say I'm gay

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by josh9623, Aug 24, 2013.

1. josh9623

I want to tell my sister that I'm gay. She is the only person in my immediate family that I haven't told. I don't get to see her on a regular basis, and when I do see her I don't have a chance to pull her aside and talk. I had made an animation to tell my other sister but I can't send it to my sister because she can't play it on her phone. The only way I can really tell her is over the phone or text, I am thinking of just texting her but I want to find some way other than just I'm gay. Do you have any suggestions?

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The best way I've found is to throw it into a context-appropriate convo, like one about gay rights. But in the absence of that, you could start it out as a question to her. Once you get her on the phone, say something like "Hey, I've been meaning to ask you. It may seem totally random (*because it is :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), but have you ever questioned your sexuality?"

She's sure to tell you yes or no, and maybe give you some background info about herself you didn't know. I think she'd be almost guaranteed to finish her answer with "Why, are you?" And then you are given the go-ahead to say yes, you're pretty sure or even certain you like guys.

Good luck fellow Saint Lucie-ite. :slight_smile:

3. KhanSaheb

It's really hard to answer this without more information on your relationship with your sister.

Something subtle would be, "Hey. October 11 is National Coming Out Day. Are you going to be busy?"

Humor: "Let's get one thing straight. I'm not."

Nonchalant: "Just thought you should know that I came out of the closet."

Riddle: "What do you think Neil Patrick Harris, Wentworth Miller, Lance Bass, and I have in common?"

Straightforward: "Did mom and dad tell you that I came out of the closet?"

There are many creative ways to say just about anything. Since you've already gotten yourself together, I think you'll be OK.

4. BooksJeansTea

I'm straight as a rainbow.

Hey guess what? - send a link to a song of your choice on youtube or have a video prepared.

Hey, let's play text hang man. two words. First word is 2 letters with an apostrophe. 2nd word is 3 letters. Go.

Hey guess the phrase. Two words- rhymes with Lime Spray.

5. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Riddle: "What do you think Neil Patrick Harris, Wentworth Miller, Lance Bass, and I have in common?"

That will someday be posted on my facebook xD

6. Ohhai

Could do it casual and random... My favourite is 'I bat for the other team', it's not straight out obvious.

7. srslywtf

I would feel weird doing that by phone, I'd wait till i could see her. But I dont have siblings so I probably have no idea what I'm saying :lol:

8. lovely lesbian

I have no idea how I'm going to tell people really wanna tell my friend

---------- Post added 25th Aug 2013 at 07:44 AM ----------

I say it to myself a lot if that helps xxx