1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I and when?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by shyjack, Aug 27, 2013.

1. shyjack

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am out to a few people that are gay, but other than that, nope. I am like really scared about how my dad will react because he's always said he wants grandkids from all for of his kidsand is generally rather aggressive anyway. Even harder than coming out to him will be telling my best friend, who says she likes me.

I really don't want to be yelled at by dad, or lose my best friend over my sexuality. If you have questions to better understand, go ahead. Advice?

2. Emulator

If your family and best friend are open about this matter, you should try telling them about it. Explain the situation to them, don't just plunge headfirst, it would be quite a shock. Ease them into it instead, perhaps by starting with "What would you say if I was...", if their responses are negative, you may want to save your words for a later time.
    If you aren't comfortable about saying it out, you could write to them and leave your letter for them to read.
    Don't rush it, it is certainly not easy. I hope this helped.

-Emulator

3. shyjack

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That was excellent advice, thank you. Will do so. I know for sure they don't like homosexuality, but it's worth a shot I think.