1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to somewhat come out...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Arenmadd, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Arenmadd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, i decided to tell a few close friends and family members that I like men. I didn't mention that I'm not attracted to females... nor did I deny it when they asked if i was bi... So now I have to, eventually come out again as gay... I don't know, the word "gay" is so heavy on me. It feels like it has a hell of a lot more weight than "bisexual".

What should I do? I feel like i'm trying to run into the ocean but my leg got snagged on seaweed. I don't want to get more public with my homosexuality until I can tell the people that I already half-came out to that I'm entirely gay. Because of the way a lot of them reacted-"wait, you at least like girls still as well, right?"-I am hesitant to say much... How should I go about this?

Also, I am curious, do you believe that the word "gay" has more weight than the word "bisexual" when coming out?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It shouldn't carry any more weight since you are saying essentially the same thing. I like members of the same sex. The only difference is that some people hear bisexual and think that its a phase and you'll 'go back to normal' eventually.

Consider what you've told them. You've told them you like men. You don't need to come out again because what you've told them is true. Nobody will be suprised when you come home with a guy!