1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kurt, May 20, 2008.

1. Kurt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey!, I'm new here and it seems like an amazing place, espically for help. Everyone seems really nice and informative.
    Well, I'm 17 and still in the closet, expect to a few close friends. I've liked this one boy at my school for I don't know how long now and we're graduating in about a month and I'm worried I'll never see him again. We're not that close when it comes to friends but we know eachother, if that makes any sense... He's amazingly cute, so of course all the girls are in love with him but I've never seen him physically close to one before. He's amazing at track and field and everything... We've had a few moments when we'd walk by one another and look at eachother more then just a glance but I'd usually end up wimping out. Could he be gay or bi? I don't know anymore and I'm worried I'll never see him after we graduate. I know this isn't a lot of information to base someone's sexuality, but have you been in a similar situaition before?, How did it turn out? p.s. It said on his facebook before that he was confused about his sexuality, I don't know if that was recent or a long time ago... Any help/advice is greatly appriecated! Thank you! <3

2. Andrew

If I were you,

I would get his phone number/facebook/ect.. so you guys can stay in contact. As for the other questions.. I have NO CLUE :frowning2:

Sorry!

-Luis(&&&)

3. Grof142007

Dont Live your Life with Regrets GO FOR IT what the worst that can happen? ur graduating so what if ppl find out they wont see you anymore

4. Peridot

Ask him about it. And if he laughs saying "No way!" Then reply with, "I'm serious."
    If he is, woohoo. Stay in contact. Try to find some chemistry.
    If not, you could still be just friends with him if you want.

I'm sorta in the same situation, but girls are more affectionate than boys so it's hard to determine...

5. awesomeap88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My suggestion to you is to get to know him properly. Although this may seem to be a bit difficult for you (seeing as in your original post you mention that you usually end up wimping out whenever you have had past opportunities), this will probably be the only way to find out and get closure for youself. If you don't find out soon, you will probably never know if you had a chance or not, especially if you don't see him again after graduation. And in all seriousness, like Grof142007 said, what is the worst thing that can happen?

By the way, welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

6. Blazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah. The best thing to do would be to get his number, Facebook, whatever, and then just slip in a couple of hints, but not so he wont catch on, just try and get the sexuality question brought up in a conversation. Though a private conversation would be better.
    I'd give the obvious answer like "Let him know you are gay, and then he may say something", but it isn't always that easy.
    Matt :wink:

7. Jim1454

There have been discussionsn about 'orientation' on Facebook. It's a pretty bold statement (I gather) to actually put something other than the typical hetrosexual status. So for someone to put up that they are questioning is a pretty clear signal.

See if you can connect with him on Facebook. I don't use it, so I'm not sure how that works. That's a pretty casual thing to do though, isn't it? See where that goes.

AND... Welcome to EC! Yay - another Canadian!

8. paint

I was in this situation sort of, a long time back. I was still pretty young and confused myself though, but I stared into this guy's eyes for a good five seconds without blinking and he returned my stare while smiling. But I never made a move, even though I grew surer that he liked guys. A few years later, I got in touch with him on Myspace, and he is still my friend.

So there could be a chance for something, and even after you could meet him again and stay his friend. I say go for it though.

9. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

Well I've thought that plenty of times and I've never been right. I'll keep on thinking it though, I mean theres a chance, right?

Me thinks you should give him a note in private, because saying the words is hard. Just tell him how you feel, and that you'll understand if he doesn't feel the same way. Then he'll know about you at least - You never know, he might just be gay, but you will never know unless you ask. I suggest you ask quickly! I had a crush in high school that I was too afraid to ask about, and now I'll never know - I can't even ask him, he's not corporeal anymore. I always wonder... what if?

Just be prepared for disappointment, but do not fear rejection. He won't reject you, but he might not be gay. I'm sure he'll understand where you're coming from. To expect the worst is unreasonable, when it's chances are so low. And the worst, at least in this case, isn't even that bad, it isn't something to be afraid of.