1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling my sister

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KariGordon1996, Aug 28, 2013.

1. KariGordon1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So a few months ago I ended up coming out to my older sister, who is the middle one, because my mom thought I might be gay and started freaking out. I was kind of forced to come out to her but now that she's cool with it I want to come out to my oldest sister. But I don't really know how she stands on gay marriage, she says she doesn't really pay attention to gays anymore, we were raised in a Christian household and my parents are homophobic, so how can I ask her if she's for gay rights without giving it away? And if she is, how can I come out to her? When I told my other sister I couldn't even get the words out, I made her guess. I mean I'm not ashamed of beig gay, but every time I go to say it, it just won't come out.. Any advice would be awesome, thanks.

2. Matty1994

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's a tough thing to say, still haven't actually said the words "I'm gay" too anyone even though I'm out to 3 people! I don't know what sort of stuff you would normally talk to your sister about but if you talk about things going on in the news occasionally you could try to bring up mess that is Russia and ask her what she thinks of how LGBT people are being treated over there? But like I said I don't know what you normally talk to her about so bringing that up might seem a bit out of place.