1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things Ms Dannie Gurl Has Learned...*goodstuff*

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sorkadubane, May 20, 2008.

1. Sorkadubane

things i've learned:

weak people judge because it makes them feel stronger. a person judges when they feel threatened, belittled, or inferior. a good person who feels confident in the quality of person they are and the life that they've created for themselves understands that judgment is a wasted effort. i know we're all guilty of it sometimes, but it should stop being so acceptable. why is it cool to cast judgments? don't we have enough improvements to make in our own lives, really?

there is good in every person, no matter what they say or what they do. and finding the good in every person you meet makes you feel so much better about yourself; it reminds you that you can always be a better person, and that there will always be a person better than you, and those two things are so important to keep in mind.

there is also bad in every person, and knowing how to recognize and accept that is important, too. i don't think it's ever okay to throw a person's bad traits in their face, even when their behavior merits it. a true friend (and a true good person) understands that every person has made bad decisions, has bad habits, and has bad character flaws, and that you get much further by reinforcing the good in a person than insulting the bad.

every person is special! i don't mean that there is something special about every person, i mean that every PERSON is special. we are all unique and we're all worthy of being alive.

don't feel sorry for anybody, because they're always going to have something that you don't have. and don't ever feel inferior to anybody, because you're always going to have something more.

don't regret anything, because the thing you're regretting probably made you happy once, and dealing with the consequences, even if the only consequence is a memory that makes you cringe, is a learning experience and helps you grow.

we are all selfish. each and every one of us wake up with bad breath. we've all done things we're ashamed of. let it go.

if you have time for enemies and silly arguments and jealousy, if there is time in your life to sit and talk badly about another person, you should find something positive to fill that empty space with. it's taken me so long to learn that nothing is accomplished by bad-mouthing other people. i don't have time for that, and i don't want to bring myself down that way anymore. we're grown-ups. we're better than that. every time i catch myself saying something negative about somebody, i wince because i don't want to be that person. do any of us really want to be that person?

life is short. it's a lot shorter than any of us think it is. so we should make sure that the people we love know how we feel, and that we take advantage of every opportunity that we can. we should spend as much time as we can with our kids and our spouses, our families, our friends, and strangers who make us smile. we should read a lot of good books, watch a lot of good movies, and spend a lot of time outside. we should smile more often, try new foods, go to new places, take the back roads, and call an old friend just to say hi. what's the worst that can happen?

life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself!

be somebody you can be proud of. better yet, be somebody your parents, your children, and your friends can be proud of.

it sounds cliche, but treat other people the way you want to be treated.

find somebody, not your lover, who you can talk to, cry in front of, and laugh with. it's important to have that. if you don't, find someone, but don't settle for the first girl you can stand to be around. all of us have soul mates, maybe dozens of them. find one to marry and at least one to be your best friend! it feels good to be loved by someone you're not having sex with and who wants to be around you just because you make them feel good!

when you hurt somebody's feelings, don't always apologize. sometimes you have to hurt somebody's feelings to be a friend. that doesn't mean you should do it intentionally, and you shouldn't hurt somebody's feelings in retalitation after they've hurt yours. sometimes we're going to be replaced, and sometimes we're going to be the ones replacing. remember how it feels to be the one on either side. one day we're going to be dumped, maybe cheated on, betrayed, maybe hurt very badly by someone we love and trust, but that doesn't give us an excuse to be mean or bitter. it just gives us an excuse to grow.

wisdom and intelligence aren't the same thing. a person can be full of wisdom but unable to read; a person might have a genius IQ but be stupid. but every day is a new opportunity to learn, to grow, to become something greater than we were before(&&&) .

2. JSG

JSG Guest

That's very nice and well explained but sadly it could only work in a nice pink fluffy world.
    I know some people are rotten, to the core, and it's because of those people that we can't live in a nice world. I don't know where you live but I know where I do some people deserve to be shot in the head... twice.
    I think you're surrounded by generally nice people, I'm not saying you never had to deal with a crappy person..
    You seem like a very nice person, maybe too nice and trying to see good in everybody is sometimes a very bad mistake.
    A lot of people have no regrets and don't care at all how they make another person feel.

But I do agree with most points, not all (some can be hard or impossible to do for some people), more people should read and follow your guidelines :slight_smile:

Sorry if this isn't the response you were expecting here but I'm waaay too nice and see good in everyone, big mistake and I've been hurt pretty badly but I just can't not be nice...

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well, I thought it was a great post and I don't think she's living in a nice pink fluffly world at all. I think she's just a positive person who tends to look through the glass half full instead of half empty. Nothing wrong with that. Its true that sometimes the hardest people to love are the ones that need it the most.

4. Louise

In a perfect world behaving like this would be the ideal and although I agree with 90% of this post and try to live my life like this repeated experience shows that often, not always, the nicer you are the more you get taken for a ride and once you are fed up of being used and abused you become hard and cynical... pity but that is one of the harsh realities of life.

Finding the balance between treating people as you would like to be treated and not getting taken advantage of every five minutes is not easy. Again, treating people like this rather implies that they will treat you with the same respect and this is all too often not the case.

Soo, yeah great post, nice thought provoking ideas but not so practical in the real world :icon_sad:

5. Sorkadubane

The cool thing about me is yes i know these ideals arent for the common person to beleve in. ive been there and done that and have had a hard life just like everyone else. I get taken for granted ALOT but thats the beauti of my post i dont care what people do to me, if they hurt me really i feel its there loss for loosing such a good friend. generally with me people get two chances unless you fuck up BIG the first time. then i wont give you the time of day. I beleve in people, i beleve all people CAN change for the better. i mean seriously...if u dont have hope in this fucked up world what do u have? How do people live going through life not trusting noone??? i know people are horrible and mean at times thats they thrive on sins a hatred, but its people like me that make this world better. i inspire hope and goodness in people, i dont talk about people and i dont degrade them for the way they live there lives tho yes somepoeple need a rude awaikening, shit lol cant spell rite now. (&&&) i appreciate everyone input thats why i posted it here ill gladly take bad comments and good, everyone has there own opinion.(&&&)