1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh goodness, I'm giving ALL my position away!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by darkestknight, May 21, 2008.

1. darkestknight

Yes.

It is true. I could have accidently gave or hinted too much about me as a full-fledged bisexual person.

I dunno, maybe I sometimes got myself too carried away, or too relaxed on certain things. I'm not drunk, but I'm bloody capable of doing that!

here are all my situations:

1.) accidently came out to parents. big shit happened, they all looked shocked, and all saying "How could all this happen?". well, at least they didn't murder me or anything else. my lucky stars.

2.) out of the blue, i came out to my brother's girl because i got carried away in the fact that i might not be seeing all the nice men in the college when i graduate. (well, in short, bummed out)

3.) now there's a little "unofficial <insert college name here> thread" in one of the chit-chat area in my local forum, and i happened to give away too much of my position by hinting too much (i 'bombed' the thread however, and spamming is allowed!) and they are almost begging me to 'own' up.

4.) my brother - sooner or later i will blurt this thing out.

The strange thing is, I dunno why I have to do this, but I feel a fun and challenge of it. It looks like I'm gambling on something.

The 'fun' part is, looking at the people's awed reactions, or sometimes, nonchalant. I like the nonchalant part, so far I got quite a number of it. Thhe nonchalant part is they are accepting or just in the thoughts of "it's ok". :grin:

The 'challenge' part is, explaining to them when they couldn't get it. Or otherwise, leave them alone if they reject my explanation and I will annoy them by talking about my lovely 'men and women' in FRONT of them all day long, and looking at them getting pissed or whatever.

And the last thing is, I'm hinting my positions because I might be hunting a partner (male or female) without them getting too suspicious.

Oooooh... (*hug*)

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If there's a reason to keep the cards close to your chest, then yes, by all means, do so. But if not, there's no reason not to toss your cards down on the table. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. darkestknight

Heheh.. yeah, most of the time, i will have to see a 'background check' and I analyze the risks before i ever blurt this thing out.

I could have told my lecturer, my friends, or even parents, but I have to keep the cards away from my brother...

...because he is seriously homophobic! :grin:

4. Stargate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey I wish i could be in that situation, where I could simply tell everyone, sometimes it seems like such a burden because I have to change the way I act just to conform. While I'm trying to shead that conformity its hard where I am