1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another coming out thread about college

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Tomwinsatlife, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Tomwinsatlife

So hey, you guys know that im a freshman in high school at a bs catholic high school where like no one is out. And for a long period, even while i was writing stuff on here, i was in some pretty bad denial of who i was as a person and what my sexual orientation is. So naturally i dug myself deeper into the closet with both my family and friends, to the point where if i were to tell my friends, o think i would lose a lot of them. I also dont know if i am strong enough as a person yet to come out to anyone. I did tell my cousin but tht was different. I really dont want the people i love and care about to treat me in a different way because they know this part of me. So do you think its a better choice to just go through high school, and wait till college to come out?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you love and care about these people enough that you might speak to them after highschool?

3. Saint Otaku

I plan to come out this year, my senior year of high school. Just contemplate whether the award outweighs the price and know who you can trust.

4. Annon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your kinda lucky being at a catholic school in some ways.
    1) Come out
    then if their cruel to you, they think they'll go to hell.
    So, you dont have to face the bullying some people have to face.
    If the teachers are against you, ask them if they are questioning God's creation abilities, and that he's never wrong. So go for it.

5. Mysz

You know your school better than I do. If it's teachers are very religious + conforming, and the kids are full of bs, then perhaps you shouldn't... Take a year to judge the atmosphere. Throw some questions about discrimination at faculty and see if they respond honestly or give you a fake smile and a pre-prepared answer. Is there a GSA? Come out to them first.
    I came out in my senior year. My school is pretty open so the worst I got was a tsunami of ignorant questions.
    If you get nervous, just wait until senior year. You'll be more confident, and you can re-introduce yourself in college as who you really are instead of who people think you are.
    Good luck mate :wink: