1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me /.\

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by loutheinvisable, Sep 2, 2013.

1. loutheinvisable

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, my name is Lou I am a teenager, and I am a 100% lesbian I know for a fact lol I want to come out to my parents...I NEED to I'm getting no sleep and worry constently they'll find out somehow else, my dad is a homophobe :frowning2: but he has told me that he will support anything I do with my life, but I don't think that was directed towards my sexuality but my mom she is very supportive of the LGBT world, but I feel if I tell her I'll disappoint her...and shell hate me, by the way I live in the country and I really want people to know that I'm a lesbian but down here in the south its kind of hard to come out... can someone give me some tips how to come to my parents and everyone else? Like how did y'all do it? And how did your friends and parents act?:confused:

2. GayNerd

Welcome to EC.

It would be best if you post this in the Coming Out Advice area in the forums. This isn't the best place. Okay?

3. ItalianBlueEyes

Hey Lou! :smilewave

Okay, first, breathe. Seriously. It's stressful (& really sucks) having to hide your sexuality, i know... but give yourself props for figuring it out, cause that's the hardest part.

How long has it been since you realized you were a lesbian? Even though it feels like the whole world is pressuring you to come out of the closet and march in a pride parade, its also okay to take it slow, especially if you live in a more conservative place. Remember, you're going to like girls for the rest of your life... you don't have to rush it! :slight_smile:

Before you tell either of the 'rents, its probably a good idea to tell them about an (invented) "friend who just came out as lesbian," ....and then gauge their reaction. If neither of them react explosively, they'll probably be fine when you do.

That said, definately come out to your mom first. If she takes it well, she can be there for you when you tell your dad... just in case of :tantrum:

Even if they freak out at first, they'll get over it, they love you! And the amazing folks on EC are here for you. (*hug*) Good luck!!!

4. loutheinvisable

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    sorry I am new here -.-

5. Jessica79

You are in the same boat as me my dad is exactly the same :frowning2:

6. GirlWhoWaited

Hey, Lou! Nice to have you here. I can't give much advice on coming out, but you have my full support and best wishes. Keep us posted? (*hug*)