1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharing my good news :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by katmando, May 23, 2008.

1. katmando

Hey Guys:

I can't believe how nicely things are coming along. I am still struggling some, but doing much better. I did an outpatient program(my choice) at a local hopsital for depression and anxietyand it was helpful.

I have been running with the gay running group on a consisent basic and am starting to hang out with some of the guys outside the running group.

And lastly, although I struggle with body image deep down I know I am handsome(this is not an arrogant statment. This is about me FINALLY feeling good about myself). I think its hard for me to accept. I keep everyway imaginable to dismiss the postive.

Anyway, I contacted a local model agency that does modeling for department stores. It is a legit compnay. I emailed them some pictures and they called me last night. They are interested and I am going tomorrow.

The woman was very nice, but upfront she said they will talk to me and if they can use me they will, if not she said said if I want she can point me in the right direction.

I am confident about this. Because while I do not have high fashion model look. I do have more of the catalog(department store), next door look.

I really think joining the gay running group has helped me with my self confidence, but in truth I probably struggle more then most people. It just means I have to be more patient with myself.

Wish me luck :slight_smile:
    Justin

#1 katmando, May 23, 2008
    Last edited: May 23, 2008
  2. Alex

I read some of your old threads, and it sounds like its going very well for you :grin:
    keep it up

3. moonlight

I'm glad things are going well for you right now. well done for going to the out patient programe and for going running. That is fantastic news about the modeling and it's a real confidence booster.
    It is great when thigs are going in a positive way.

Hope it all goes well tomorrow.

4. Louise

YAY! Good for you, things just keep getting better and better! Keep it up, I am so pleased for you!:icon_bigg

5. Jim1454

That's great Justin. I'm glad you're continuing to do things for yourself, to improve your outlook! And don't knock the catalogues and flyers. I'm sure I'm not the only gay guy that lingers on the men's wear page checking out the guys... :icon_wink

6. awesomeap88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Even though I have only been here about 2 months and I haven't had much to do with you, I think it's so good to hear that you are going so well! I wish all the best with the modelling.

And Jim, you are definitely not the only one who spends too much time checking out the menswear pages of catalogues :wink:

7. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Glad to hear things are going well. Keep it up!

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Justin, you sound soooo much better! I'm so happy for you! (*hug*)

9. panda

Justin . Sounds like things are going great. Be careful with the modeling agency. Sometimes they convince people to have photos taken that can run into $100's and $100's and $100's
    of dollars and no modeling jobs ever happen. Good luck. :thumbsup:

10. katmando

Good news. The modeling agency is intersted and I go back today to find out more. I am excited, but also nervous. I really hope I get this, because if I do I will be able to support myself and not ask my money for any money ever again(can't stand the woman)

Keep me in your thoughts. Will post as soon as soon as I know more. Finally, something good is happening :slight_smile:

11. Jim1454

Cool! Sounds great! Keep us posted!

12. s5m1

Justin, that is great news. Please let us know how it goes. Glad to see you are doing so much better.

13. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey that's great. Glad that you are feeling better and that things are looking up for you. As the others said, keep us posted!