1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out/ hurting friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by likeapanda101, Sep 4, 2013.

1. likeapanda101

i have an issue. Well first off, i'm 14 in my first year of highschool. 7th grade i came out to my best friend and she told everyone. i was bullied. But even worse, everyone decided the people i hung out with were with me and we did bad things in class. eventually the rumors went away from me and were 100% about my friends. They were physically bullied because i came out to 1 friend. That was in a school of 500. Now im in a highschool of 200 (its only freshman and sophemore.) I dont want to hide anymore. i want people to know who i am. But im so scared that my friends will get hurt again. And what would happen if i lost my newer friends? Im just so scared of hurting people but at the same time i hate lying and pretending im all about guys. please help me:tears:

2. Ticklish Fish

Well, your "best friend" was the one who told everyone...

Are your other friends supportive of you though?

3. likeapanda101

Yes they are. But that friend I told turned on me. I know my friend now wouldn't, I just don't want the rumors to spread to them

4. Oh hello

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Try experimenting with smaller secrets with you new friends, like what you're most afraid of. This way you also develop stronger friendships AND can see if they can keep a secret. Best of luck to ya!

5. srslywtf

if they're real friends theyd still rather you not live a lie.. as long as u are still their friend if they stand by you.

Its unlikely that will happen again though really... I dont think its a common reaction, and even if it did, it will get old as soon as they find someone else to pick on about something