1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

outed in another country I'm not even In!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by crimsonarcher, May 23, 2008.

1. crimsonarcher

well, as some of you know, my family...is loose with their secrets...especially my own.
    very few people can be trusted with stuff...like Jon or my other cousins, whom i trust with my life.
    Well, one cousin of mine that recently came back from mexico said that someone (i have an idea of who it was) called my grandma in southern Mexico..and she was told of me, apparently. She said she was cool, apparently. Im not sure how I'll be treated when I visit her late on in my life. Frankly, I'm scared. What should I do now?

2. s5m1

Just be who you are and don't worry about what may happen down the road. When you see your grandmother next and the topic comes up, just be honest about it. Be proud of who you are - there is nothing wrong with it. She will either be cool about it or she won't but that should not affect how you feel about yourself. If you want to preempt an uncomfortable situation down the road, you could call or write her now and tell her yourself.

3. Wired106

Just be yourself. I used to be worried about that sort of stuff and I still am sort of scared to be fully out but i'm becoming more and more okay with being myself. Even if they do happen to have some sort of weird reaction just forget about it but I doubt they'd be that rude about anything. :slight_smile: