1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurt and Confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Loving Too Much, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Loving Too Much

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I recently decided to come out to my mother.

I told her how I felt and she looked at me for a moment like she was utterly disgusted. Directly after, she frowned and told me that it was perfectly normal for a girl of my age(14) to have wonder things and want to explore myself, but that just because I didn't like any of the guys I had met didn't mean I was gay. I became frustrated and tried to tell her that just because she didn't like any of the girls she had met didn't mean she was straight.

We went back and forth for a while, but everything I tried to tell her ended in her informing me that I was flat out wrong.

Now, every time something comes up about it in passing, not even about me, just homosexuality in general, my mom says that I am obsessed and my "infatuation with the gay community" has "poisoned my mind."

I am very hurt and confused and I really like this smiley(!)

2. rjrh20

Welcome!

Wow, that's what my brother does but he doesn't even know that I'm gay. Just hang in there, eventually she will just realize that trying to fight the fact that you are gay isn't going to change it. If you ever have any questions we are here for you.

3. Loving Too Much

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  4. midnightfire08

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You just have to give it time. Your mum has grown up in a society that naturally frowns upon individuality and the gay community and it will take time for her to accept that things have changed. Stay Strong and be true to you.

5. Ohhai

Huge hugs xxxx

6. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well done for having the courage to come out to your mother, sorry it didn't go well for you but be proud of yourself for doing it - I'm 29 and I haven't come out to mine yet! xx

7. Piovere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is exactly why I'm too afraid to come out to any of my parents.
    I don't want to think of them saying "It's just a phase," or "You'll get over it."