1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Shoes!?!?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Andrew, May 24, 2008.

1. Andrew

Hey Guys,

A few days ago.. I got arizona birkenstocks.. At my school, birkenstocks are for only girls and gay guys.. Well, i couldn't stop looking at these birkenstocks and had to get them. So, I got them. The next day everyone was calling me gay (like usual) and stuff. But what REALLY ticked me off, was that my parents said " Nice Gay Shoes. " I don't know if they know that I MIGHT be gay or what? But it really ticked me off >_< I hate when people make fun of gay people, because there is a possibitily that i am gay.. ): Guys I need your comfort and help!(&&&)

Thanks

-Luis

2. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Hey who cares if they are "gay shoes" - if you like them so what!! If they look good, wear them and who cares what people think. Damn I wish I could listen to my own advise though- I really want to cut my hair short but I don't want to look too gay :frowning2: wouldn't life be easier without the steriotypes!! Still... If you like them... wear them :slight_smile:

Also lots of people just make fun of gays because they want a cheap laugh... it is easier for them to make fun than stand up for others. They probably aren't as homophic as they seem, it's just easier if they look as if they don't approve.

Don't worry and enjoy your shoes! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Trumpetplyer23

Enjoy wearing what you want to wear.

I'm a girl (with a boyfriend) who enjoys shopping in the boys/mens sections at clothing stores. I hardly ever venture into the womens section simply because I like the clothes better.

As for the shoe angle, I have really big feet for a girl, making wearing certain shoes impossible, because my foot is so long and wide. So I wear mostly athletic shoes and flip-flops.

4. ShakeTheGlitter

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think wearing Birkenstocks is gay. People think it's kinda hippieish, but whatever. I have a pair of Birkenstock clogs (I think they are like Boston or whatever?) and also a pair of Naot sandals, which are basically Israeli Birkenstocks. I wear them becaue they are super comfortable. I'm pretty girly and these arent the girliest of shoes, but whatever, I wear what I want. It's stupid that people should assume that you are gay because of it, and they are just idiots, so don't listen to what they say. I hope you enjoy your shoes. :slight_smile:

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In Colorado, Birkenstocks used to be standard wear. Now, apparently, it's Crocs...which is about 500 times gayer than Birkenstocks. But everybody's friggin' wearing them. Not me - they look like clown shoes for someone who's scared to commit fully.

Next time someone says your shoes are gay, look down at them and say, "Thanks. They came free with my copy of the gay agenda."

Lex

6. cityboy340

Originally: OC, California Now: Baltimore/DC
    It's ok. I live in the most conservative place in Cali and i came out to my parents a few days ago, my mom is freaked out about me being a stereotype ( I kinda am) and I honestly don't care what other people say. It's your life. I dress pretty "gay" clothes cuz I like fashion and I actually look good unlike every other hick at my school (apart from my friends :slight_smile:, and I walk through the school with my head held high. You just have to stand tall and ignore the losers who spew their BS everywhere.

7. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

hmm you must live in a weird state...im on my 3rd pair of Birkenstock sandels...the brown 2 strap leather sandels, everyone i know wears them (these are straight people) i wear em with cargo shorts all the time! ...thats really weird that even your parents think birkenstock sandels are gay...maybe people just dont wear sandels in illionis? everyone here in minnesota waits thru the winter and in the spring the shorts,T shirts, and sandels combo comes out for the summer! keep wearing em!

8. Alexander

DUDE, if YOU have gay shoes, then I have FAGTASTIC shoes.

Seriously, I coloured them with rainbows. I don't mind the teasing and I let people assume I'm gay = yayness

9. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

People in my school thinks those shoes give you the ugliest tan in your feet. But, I rarely hear people calling people gay for wearing or doing specific things (hmm, my school's pretty great with accepting gay people :slight_smile:)

10. bigmoney521

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don"t think that they're gay but in my opinion i think they're kinda ugly. No offense I guess im more of a sneaker person. (u should see my closet it's like carrie's from sex in the city but instead of Minolo’s i have nike's.)