1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling my friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Twinkletoes81xx, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Twinkletoes81xx

Hi,

So a few weeks ago I decided I wanted to come out to my friends, just a few of them that I'm close to. This is what I'm thinking of saying to them:

After I say this, some of you might not like it. And if thats the case I’m really sorry, but I can’t change. Sorry if I’ve been a bit distant. I love and care about you all and I always have. And I hope I wont lose any of you right now. The signs were probably always there, but it was hard to know. I kept trying to believe it was a phase and I prayed for it to go away, but nothing worked. It was after I broke up with my girlfriend when I realized it was for real. It’s been hard accepting it, but I’m the happiest I’ve been in a long time. So what I want to tell you is that I’m a ballerina who’s obsessed with pink and in love with Darren Criss, and not straight. I’m pansexual. And none of this will ever change.

And then I'll probably explain to them what pansexual is. Is this a good way to say it?

2. fluteloop

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it's good. Darren Criss, love the choice.
    I told my friends, and most of them are okay with it. I would say, tell them straight up, after making sure they are really listening, and if they accept, they are truly there for you.

3. Saint Otaku

Wooo! Happy for you! Still trying to work up the nerve to come out to my close friends :slight_smile: