1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm having a total panic attack

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ritor365, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Ritor365

I JUST EMAILED MY MOM SAYING "I forgot to tell you I'm bi by the way"

IM SO SCARED I COULD PUKE AND MY HEART IS RACING WHAT DO I DO???:eek::tears:

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Waiting for the reply can be nerve wracking, but I suspect that you e-mailed you mom, knowing that your coming out will go well. Maybe try talking with your mom as well, if you feel that it is needed. (*hug*)

Try to calm down by taking deep breaths while sitting down somewhere where you can sit comfortably down. Remind yourself that things will be fine. If you can, try to go for walk, and try to concentrate on what you observe on the street.

Congrats on coming out to your mom.

3. Ritor365

Thanks x( I can't really go anywhere though because I'm in my dorm and its late, but I'll try to distract myself. My friend just told her mom, and I was feeling brave (cause born this way came onto my iPod). So I wrote really casually I'm bi, but I'm scared it will stress her D:

I feel like I'm gonna puke

4. ryanalexander61

You can't just go for a walk or even to a common lounge? Really any where to get away from a computer would be helpful

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That braveness probably came because you were ready to come out, and just needed that little push (and it came in the form of your friend coming out).

Okay then... try to sit down where you feel comfortable and take a few deep breaths. Try to feel your breathing, and take note of the different temperatures of the air you breath in and breath out. Try to move your attention inward, so that you can feel how you body and the racing thoughts you are having at the moment, slow down.

Also, try asking your friend for support. Maybe she can sit with you for a while, and talk with you about things that will help you to keep your mind occupied. Don't look at your ipod. Leave it somewhere on the side.

Things will be fine.

6. twink182

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only reason for panicking or feeling stressed would be if you had done something WRONG. You have not. On the contrary, you have done something AWESOME and something of which you should be immensely PROUD. Relax. Smile.

7. Ritor365

Thank you guys (*hug*) She still hasn't seen it and I'm feeling sick over it, but I'm gonna try and focus on my school today...ugh my heart is beating a thousand beats per minute. And thank you for reminding me I have done nothing wrong, I need to keep telling myself that.

8. lukeluvznicki13

I hope all goes well and that she is relaxed and fine with it :slight_smile:

9. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suppose that if you felt comfortable enough to mention it in a "by the way, i'm bi" way, she must be quite open-minded. So... I'd expect an accepting reply. :slight_smile:
    Anyway, congratulations for coming out. :grin: I wish it goes well :slight_smile:

10. Ritor365

Thank you (*hug*) I'll keep you guys informed as the day goes on. I got up this morning and was feeling so sick. I went into the shower and began to cry I'm so nervous, I prayed to God everything would be alright. I guess the closets door is locked behind me now.

I also see I have four new emails. I'm tempted to open them, but I'm afraid I'll get emotional, and I have class in 40minutes or so, and I don't think that will be too good.

Thanks for being so supportive. I'm scared out of my wits, but also so grateful for space like this. I think she's known for a while now, but I've been lying to myself.

I'll update later today for sure (*hug*)

11. Ritor365

I just looked at the response. She said that I shouldn't worry over it, and she'll always love me no matter what, and that we should talk when I'm ready too. She said I'm the child she has always known and loved, and nothing will ever change that.

I can't stop crying, I feel so relieved and happy, but I miss her so much, and I won't see her again until Christmas. I'm just so happy right now :tears: I can't believe I'm actually out to my mom!

12. lukeluvznicki13

That's great to hear :grin:
    Happy all went well for you!

13. Ritor365

Thank you, it's so surreal lol. I kinda knew she'd be like that, but still, I'm crying :')

14. Ritor365

Um, I have a question; when she says she wants to "talk", what does she mean? Like I know she wants to talk about me being bi, but like what should I expect? I already feel like it's gonna be awkward, and she said she's gonna call in an hour or two.

Tips for this "talk" would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

15. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi ... so glad she reacted well and you were very brave to do that !!!

"the talk" could mean anything... She no doubt senses you are a bit stressed out. She may just be alerting you to the fact that she's open for conversation ...

Good luck !!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

16. GayNerd

She probably wants to tell you how she feels about it. Or, it could be that your mom has questions. But it could really be anything. Good luck!

17. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She may tell her how she feels about it, ask how you figured out ect. :slight_smile:

18. biggayguy

Congrats on coming out!!! Your mom probably has lots of questions about how you feel. Did she do something to make you bi'? What can she do to support you? Maybe she wants to talk about how to tell other family members.