1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verge of Explosion

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Werbinich, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Werbinich

I had been through hell when I needed to cope with the fact that I was, and still is, into men. It took me for nearly two years to accept myself as gay. Then there is the problem of whether I should be the only person knowing it.
    I grew up in a conventional family, one that strictly forbids homosexuallity. So letting my parents know is out of the topic. Then came the fact that before I discovered my true self, I had already beacome a Christian and my 'brothers and sisters' even make homophobic comments in front of me without knowing who they were hurting. Even my friends taking using gay as a joke for granted and I couldn't really trust any of them with my tiny secret. The only person that I truly know that isn't homophobic is my homeroom teacher who had a best friend in college that was gay, too. Yet I still couldn't really share, even with her, my true identity in the fear of losing something important to me. However, sitting inside this closet for too long isn't helping. I'm afraid that I might one day explode and bellow: "YES, I AM GAY, GO F*UCK YOURSELF." Which would even worsen the situation by tenfold.
    What should I do?

Werbinich

2. blueberrymuffin

I think you should tell her. Staying in the closet for such extended time can lead to severe depression and, as you say, lashing out. I know it's difficult, especially hearing all those negative comments, but you gotta be brave now and tell someone. You could bring up her friend and then go from there.

3. deadmau5ftw

If you haven't already, find an LGBT support group in your area. (I don't know how common they are in Taiwan) I think starting to develop friendships with other LGBT teenagers is very healthy and they can offer great advice! If you can't go sneak to an LGBT support group meeting, I think you should come out to your homeroom teacher, she can be a great help! Stay strong! Keep us updated!

-deadmau5ftw

4. Werbinich

I think I'll come out to my homeroom teacher...just waiting for the precise timing.