1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Best Way to Come Out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by All41, Sep 10, 2013.

1. All41

I want to non-ackwardly come out. I want it to be honey and heartfelt but I want it to be comfortable. Anybody have any ideas?

2. penguin machine

You could always try and casually mention it or wait for people to ask, and say, "What, you didn't know?" It might help you make it casual. Heck, you could tell a friend and get them to casually bring it up in conversation with other friends while you're present.

I've found that most people (99% really) that I've come out to replied with something along the lines of "It doesn't bother me," or "I don't mind as long as you're happy," or "I could have told you that." So don't get your hopes up for heartfelt moments, at leas in my experience they might be pretty rare. Even when I took the time to explain why I had been in the closet for 10 years, it barely registered an "I'm happy for you."

3. All41

I see you live up north lol. People usually have a big reaction to this kind of stuff down here in Bible Belt, even if they support you

4. deadmau5ftw

I've thought of many ways to come out (since I haven't yet). Some general, not so fancy ways could be: Writing a letter, or just casually mentioning the fact that you are gay. It sounds like you should just take a few breathes, sit down with whoever you are coming out to and just say it. I know that sound cliche but once it is over, it's over. No more need to bottle it up inside and keep worrying. Good luck! Keep us updated!

5. All41

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile: .Sorry my response is a bit late I just noticed it. I think something like what you mentioned will happen sometime in the next months. I'm currently trying to figure out who to tell first