1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!!! Ahhhhhhh

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Stridenttube, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Gave my dad the letter. My mom emailed me and said that he didn't go to work today. She said he blames himself with the whole weak father figure and strong mother figure thing. How can I disprove this? He doesn't Believe anyone is born gay. HELP!

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Seriously?? He really believes that in 2013??

OK, this is where you will need to provide him with PFLAG materials, and soon! Get him to their website (given his stance, does he even know how to use a computer??).

Some counseling is also in order. Whatever you do, stand your ground and do not make any compromises. The cat is out of the bag, the closet door has opened and this bird has flown (use any other cliché you like).

Besides, you're an adult now, it's your life.

3. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

I still live at home for the time being. Yeah he knows how to use a computer. He never has liked gays.

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Then definitely get him to the PFLAG site at the first opportunity, and get your mother to push him in that direction.

Most importantly, give him the time to grieve for the son he thought he had, and to think over the consequences of his not accepting you as you are...it takes time.

5. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

He didn't want to read it. :frowning2:

Bad day at work, bad day at home. :frowning2:

6. Lewis

Really gutted for you. I am sure he will come around and when he does he will realise that you're the son he has always known and loved.

Stay strong and be patient. :slight_smile:

7. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Its going to be a tough one to.figure out. Everything came tumbling down at once. Asshole VP at work and my dad hates me now..not a fun day. :frowning2: