1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it Noticeable?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Evil Monkeyz, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Evil Monkeyz

So on one of my friends, I've had this huge crush on for awhile (you might know that already). Recently I personally think I've been "acting normal" but I think I'm paranoid that other students are catching on.

My memory/ hearing isn't the sharpest, but I think there was one time where we passed on of my guy-friends at lunch. I gave him a poke to say hi and I swear I heard some of the girls asking quietly, "Is she gay?" (Of course there are so many things wrong with that sentence because I am not a guy and gay can also mean happy.)

That's not really what bothers me most though (because that guy would've said something like, "I don't know" and they wouldn't care after that), what bothers me is that I think another friend might be catching on. It's kind of creepy, she says she wants to be a psychologist and since then she's been making accurate remarks like she has mind-reading powers.

We went to an amusement park and rode the roller-coasters, I was happy but jealous that my crush spent so much time with her. I went on about how we seem to have permanent ride buddies and then she said that we'd switch, and then I never had jealousy issues for the rest of the night...

Today's moment has her saying "something's different about you". I have no idea what that means but she says it do with the "inner me". Different could mean many things, but from my experience with past friends different seems to imply "you seem in love with X".

Backing that up, she made this comment around the start of the school year of how "opposites attract". She went on to say how "I talked a lot, my crush was quiet, and she was in the middle". I thought nothing of it at the time and just said, "so I guess we all get along well". Now though, I seem to read between the lines for those quotes and think that she's caught on...

Has she? Am I just paranoid or reasonably so? What should I do?

2. TheMailman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If she does figure it out, you can't really stop it from happening. She might confront you about it, or she mightn't and just wait for you to come out to her first.
    Maybe you should tell her, she might deserve to hear it from you, if she's figured it out anyways.
    Would she take it well?

3. Evil Monkeyz

Well she's a pretty understanding person, but she'll still probably get crept out... I'm not really sure how to tell her though. We're in a rather small group so asking her to "come aside" would be rather awkward and noticeable. I don't want to text her either because my preference would be in person (to see her reaction clearly).

... I'm also worried that she'll tell people I don't want to know. She can be that way with certain people sometimes.

-- Thank you for replying --

4. TheMailman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hhmmm, you'd have to wait for an oppertune moment, when you two could be alone. Or you could ask her to come help you with something. Any excuse that would leave you two alone would be fine.

If you do tell her, make sure to impress on how hard it was for you to tell her, how much you trust her and how important it is she doesn't tell anyone.
    Most people take it better than you'd think. Good luck! (*hug*)