1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New here. Just Venting.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by theskyiseverywhere, Sep 11, 2013.

1. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi! This is my first post. I'm a gay male. I first found out I was gay when I looked at a picture of Liam Hemsworth on the set of the Hunger Games. Lolz that's embarrassing. So anyway I've know I'm gay since may 2011. I've accepted myself awesomely. I think about it a lot, but I'm glad I'm gay. So last summer I was on a vacation with my family, and my sisters were watching say uses to the dress, and there was a lesbian couple. My dad walks in, turns it off, and says "We're not watching stuff about gays getting married." And I was like, well im not coming out for a while. I have a lot of friends who are girls, and they don't say it, but I think they are only my friends cause I think I'm gay. Which I'm fine with, actually. RAINBOW PRIDE! Well yeah. My mom probably won't care when I come out, but my dad,wow, when I come out, I'm doomed. I've accepted that though. I think I'm a very understanding person, of myself. I have many straight crushes, and I think way too many people are attractive. Lolz. Well bye!(!)

2. TheMailman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Could you maybe not tell your dad, and only your mum?
    You don't need to tell either of them if you aren't ready, though. I'm glad you've accepted yourself so well, good luck!

3. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's a shame your dad has that attitude. My dad's quite homophobic too but ever since I can remember I've been hassling him and arguing with him about being more tolerant, even using philosophical arguments from his religion's perspective, and now he actually has a bisexual friend, maybe two (I'm not sure about the second one). I'm still scared of telling him about myself, though. I don't really have a point here except to just let you know you're not alone in this situation!

---------- Post added 12th Sep 2013 at 09:50 PM ----------

PS. I also doubt that all your female friends only like you because you're gay. I mean, maybe one person could be that odd, but not a whole bunch of them. Have some confidence that they like your personality and the gay thing is just a bonus! :slight_smile: