1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to deal with this?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bibutnotout, Sep 13, 2013.

1. bibutnotout

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,
    This may be stupid, but I'm 15 years old and I figured out that I'm bi about a year ago and I really want to come out, but I can't. Some of you may think: "You're only 15. Just wait till you're ready." But the thing is, the longer I go on pretending, the more often I feel really sad. I even want to hurt myself because of it now. I can't find the courage to come out though, I delay it every time. Only one friend knows. This whole being in the closet thing makes me feel more unhappy every day, and I don't know how to change that. Anyone recognises this all? I just don't know how to find the courage to come out.

2. transqueer

Just remember, safety is most important. So you should find out an idea of how your parents/family feel about sexuality since you still rely on them for housing and finances, etc etc.

I came out as bisexual when I was 14, and both of my parents were totally okay with it even though I was FREAKING OUT. Being bisexual is a fairly common thing and I wouldn't be surprised if your mom or dad questioned their sexuality at one point in their youth.

Best advice is, DONT HURT YOURSELF, keep looking on this site and others. Maybe take the writing a letter route, leave it for them when you go to school. Just know you have tons of support on this site if you need it, you should never feel so sad you need to hurt yourself okay?

3. bibutnotout

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you very much for replying!
    I really don't have much reason to freak out actually, I'm sure my parents will be very supportive, but I still freak out. Same with my friends, though some of them aren't that open minded. Anyway, I'll try not to hurt myself :slight_smile: Yeah I'm sorry they're lots of amazing people on this site (I just joined today so I'm new haha) , thank you.

4. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, the way you feel freaked out isn't stupid... I hope not anyway, because I feel the same way and I'm twice your age! I keep delaying coming out fully as well. I think you've done really well to even come out to a few people, that takes a lot of courage. Like transqueer said, please don't hurt yourself. If you need someone to talk to you could try Samaritans 08457 90 90 90 (24hrs)... that's an English number, I don't know if you're in a different country... or another helpline, or maybe ask a teacher or doctor to help you find a counselor to talk to. Good luck :slight_smile:

5. bibutnotout

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you! It's good to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way. Yeah, it would be nice to talk about it to someone, that number won't work though. I'm Dutch. Anyway, thanks for your help!