1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm being stalked... again

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Miaplacidus, May 26, 2008.

1. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some of the members might remember that a while ago there was this guy ("Mauricio") who tried to contact me all the time, said nasty sexual things, etc. I blocked him long ago, but he kept calling my old cell phone (up to 10 times a day and to this day) which now I have permanently tuned off because of that.

Well he found a way to get to talk to me as I detail below. This is a partial copy of the e-mail I just sent to a friend of mine (one who is very special):

Exactly what I needed to begin a new week and finish a really bad one. By the way I apologize for having been an ass this last week.

I don't know what to do :frowning2: I want him out of my life and NOW... :help:

2. Helen

Helen Guest

Well, I don't know about where you are, but where I live that kind of thing is illegal. You ought to get the police involved if it goes too far.

In the meantime, let a few friends know about this, so you don't have to go anywhere alone. Keep your old phone switched off, as well. There's an old creepy guy who lives on my road who used to come out whenever I walked to the supermarket, and keep pestering me. I told my parents, and my dad said that if he ever bothers me again, we'll call the police. Any chance of getting your parents involved?

3. Trumpetplyer23

I agree with Helen. Get people involved, that way if something does happen, the authorities can go to friends/family and they can tell them who could have done this. That's the best thing.

4. Tim

Tim

Is this the same guy you were talking about a few weeks ago? If so, holy crap, you need to talk to someone. I'm not aware of the laws in Uruguay, but in most countries, it's completely illegal to do the types of things he's doing, to the point of stalking. Stalking doesn't have to be physically, someone who won't stop calling or trying to contact you as you said, is also considered stalking.

If you know who this person is, then just try to get a restraining order taken out on him. If you don't, then contact the police and tell them what's going on, as they should be able to locate the person and take action.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Keep blocking him.
    Don't accept anyone new on MSN unless you know who it is.
    Turn the other phone off.

Don't let him run your life.

Lex

6. Shido

Is police intervention an option? Got any big burly scary friends?
    Also, make sure you tell him CLEARLY and diplomatically that you have no interest in ever speaking to him again...such as "You're really freaking me out, I don't want to hear from you again. Please leave me alone."

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ Leave out the "you're really freaking me out". It may encourage him to continue. Because even if he's not making a positive impression, at least he IS making an impression.

Just say, "Sorry - not interested" and leave it at that.

Lex

8. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    > Leave out the "you're really freaking me out". It may encourage him to continue. Because even if he's not making a positive impression, at least he IS making an impression.

I've been telling him to go fuck himself for like eight months now, I've never shown him fear or anything like that.

> Is police intervention an option? Got any big burly scary friends?
    Also, make sure you tell him CLEARLY and diplomatically that you have no interest in ever speaking to him again...such as "You're really freaking me out, I don't want to hear from you again. Please leave me alone."

Yeah, Juan but well, he probably hasn't fought in his life, he's really kind. This would be a good time to have Lane nearby haha.

Regarding the police, I guess they'd just laugh at me, as I have never seen the guy in person. He doesn't know where I live, thankfully.

My parents, well... useless. I complained to my mother about the calls (I told her not to pick the old cell up) but she actually told me that I should be kinder to him... ewwww.

9. Shido

As far as the police, I'm not sure on the laws in Uruguay...but I know in both Japan and America you can get a restraining order for telephone harassment. And the fact that you've already stated that he makes you feel unsafe is grounds enough. Whether or not your worries are founded, legaly (in America and Japan) the police are obligated to let you file a restraining order.

10. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Since hes 'kind' have you tried insulting him?? Like REALLY insult him?

11. Today4U

If this guy is a real stalker, which it seems from your posts he is, make sure if you know his name that you don't call him by it in emails or anything. I don't actually have any experience with how stalkers work, but I feel like I know how people think. Almost try to dehumanize him, and make that clear in your messages. He will try to interpret everything you say differently, so that he feels that you like him back. Again, I have no professional knowledge about this, I just watch a lot of crime show and such. Good luck, and please keep us updated!!!

12. Evilmonkey

just threaten him with POlice action and if he does anything again... act on it. tell the cops.