1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out to new roommates?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by zbjj, Sep 13, 2013.

1. zbjj

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello,

I've not come out to a lot of people: only my last therapist and my dad. At the moment I'm living at home with my mother and brothers and at the moment I have no intentions of discussing any aspects of sexuality with them. However, I'll be moving out soon and staying with a couple of old friends (husband and wife) until I can find a place of my own. The woman is an ex-girlfriend and while she's always suspected I was gay I've never really talked to her about it. She's an old friend and one of the only people I went to high school with whom I keep in touch so I have no doubt she'd be cool with it and her husband's a really relaxed, chill guy as well. They both have several gay friends, but I still feel awkward about the whole thing. Should I just come clean and come out to her? I don't think it's terribly important whether they know as it's not like I'll be bringing people over to their house, but I've been feeling like I should tell someone else after having not for a year or so and this seems like a good opportunity. I'm not sure what I should do and would love to hear other's opinions about the situation.

Thanks.

2. zbjj

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh, I forgot to mention one of the big reasons this might be awkward. The ex-girlfriend was my first sexual partner and we were...together a lot. So that might make things weird.