1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looks...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Alex, May 26, 2008.

1. Alex

Pathethic post below... beware..

So basically i dont like how i look.. everytime i look in that mirror all i see is some stupid kid no one would ever want..

People like me never get comments in the pic thread, all the cute ones do, and even though theres nothing to do about it i still feel bad.

I know you just have to learn to live with it and all, but thats not as easy at it sounds... and even though i know that in the end, it is actually personality that matters, you dont just stop thinking about how you look.

All my family says i look great etc. etc. but i always think they just say it to be nice, like what everyone else says, to make me happy they say i look ok, without them even meaning it.

Oh well cry thread over. Open to suggestions on how to feel better.

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm very much the same. I don't consider myself attractive at all. What I do is basically put it aside, and just not think about my looks. It's better for me to not think about something than to dwell on it. And you're definitely good-looking, by the way.

3. Helen

Helen Guest

If all the girls in my year were swans, I would be an ostrich. That's how much I hate how I look, when I'm around them. But I remember that maybe I don't *want* to look like them, they all look the same, which is really rather boring. There's no such thing as a truly ugly person, it's all been mixed into our society gradually, through celebrity magazines and shows like America's Next Top Model (which I will just refuse to watch).

I agree with firecausesburns, I'm not just trying to make you feel better here, I'm going to be honest. I think you're good looking, judging by your picture. If anybody tells you otherwise, slap them.

4. Louise

You look fine to me, but then I expect you are hoping for younger gay guys to say that than a middle aged straight woman, but hay its true, you do look good. :icon_bigg

You have nice features, nice hair, clear skin, nice body, nice clothes... shall I go on? You are a far cry from the hunch back of Notre Dame or even most of the straight guys I bump into in the supermarket! :kiss:

5. JSG

JSG Guest

^QFT

Ok, maybe the hunchback is a little extreme :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but you are def way cuter than a lot of straight guys in my town, even the gay guys here aren't good looking at all !
    A cute kid like you here would be a blessing !!
    :icon_wink

6. s5m1

Alex, I personally think you look hot, and I would not simply say that just to make you feel better. It is true. It is also very common for someone your age to not be happy with his appearance. In fact, if we did a poll, I believe a large percentage of teens would say the same thing. It is something that goes away with time. I was not happy with my appearance as a teen, despite hearing only positive things from others.

There is only one suggestion I would make to you, and it is the same one I would make to many of our members whose pictures I have seen - smile more. You look way too serious in your picture. A smile makes anyone look better. It gives you a glow and makes everyone more attaractive, even someone who is good looking like you. In fact, if you smile more, not just in pictures but also in person, you will probably hear more of the coomments you are looking for.

7. Andrew

Alex,

were very very alike. I very much HATE my look, but I have to deal with it. I don't know why your complaining with your look, because well your really hot. I am sure many guys would love to go out with you, but time will tell.. Love takes time and I am sure you will find Mr. Right. As for me, nah I don't I will ever find that right guy.. Your a cutie, and would defiantely be rated as one of the top hottest people on EC. :wink: Also, I am not trying to be nice or anything, but i only speak the truth. Gotta love the hair.

Luis <3

8. DylanBoy

ok, let me first agree --> you are too cute. i would completely date you if it weren't illegal (though in denmark...)
    secondly, i think that people who find themselves always attractive are gross inside. most people think they are cute once or twice a month and don't think they are hot all the time. if you need proof, see the thread about whether you'd date yourself or find yourself attractive - most people seem to be saying no and i agree.
    so, know that the guy you think is the sexiest guy ever probably thinks he isn't and goes to bed wishing you were there instead of his pillow :slight_smile:

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Are you kidding Alex? Everytime I see your pic I think "what a cute kid!" Now, I know I'm not a gay 16 year old boy but there is absolutely nothing wrong with your looks.

10. Tim

Tim

There's nothing wrong with how you look Alex, very few people like how they look, so you're no where near alone on that :slight_smile: You are quite cute, as the others have stated =P

Everyone is unique, in my eyes, no one can be physically ugly, they just are unique and have their quirks :slight_smile: (not referring to you =P Just in general lol) However, people can be ugly on the inside, based on their personality, but you don't have to worry about that, from what I've seen on the forums you are as cute on the inside as you are on the outside =D

As s5m1 said, smiling really does liven up a picture, for instance, I hate smiling, and I hate pictures of myself, but I've yet to find a picture I'm smiling in I don't like.

I'm overweight, therefore, I dun feel anyone will find me attractive, but that doesn't stop me from being me, because I know that what I might not find attractive (granted, most people wouldn't consider themselves attractive anyway), other people will, and that's what you should look forward to.

I'm hoping this helps, as I'm out of things to say that may help. Sorry bout all the I's and such, I'm bad at phrasing things, so turning them into I's and my's and such is easier to do for me >_<

11. Alex

Thanks for all this!

I know about the smiling thing, i really do and i really try to smile.. but see i got braces and i know that no one except me really cares about it. But since i got it i for some reason like passively holds back that smile... though i think im done with it this summer so that should help.

12. Andrew

Like I said above. You look Fine. With/Without Braces :wink:

13. Alexander

SHUT UP!!!!!

*slaps silly low-self-esteemed people including alex* :angry:

Unlike Becky I AM a gay (almost) 16 year old boy, and I share her same views on your looks :wink:

When someone compliments you, THANK THEM with a smile and your esteem will go up. If there's one thing in particular that bothers you, then go with friends and get that one thing changed to something completely and radically different - it might suit you, and if it doesn't, you can think how awesome you look as your normal self. ^_^

(*hugs*)

14. KatoKumi

You have nice hair :]

I've felt all this before; it passes, I guess. Either that, or you learn to rise above it. I've had really low self-esteem before too. But I just slowly did things to make me feel pretty. i.e. pictures I never show, and etcetera. Along with positive reinforcement [THE RIGHT KIND], you'll get through. And then you can be more comfortable with yourself. And that way, you can be happier.

15. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go find some place to hang out. If it's in the "gay section" of town, all the better, but it doesn't have to be.

Start looking at couples. ALL couples. Notice how many of them aren't that hot. And notice how many good-looking people are walking around alone.

The fact is, the number of "attractive" people in the world isn't all that large. Maybe 1 or 2%. The rest of us are just kinda average. We're not butt-ugly - we're just not in that select group. Yeah, it might make things easier if we were ,but it's certainly not impossible by any stretch if we're not. The fact that there's all these coupled non-attractive folks speaks to that.

The process is the same for attractive and non-attractive folks.
    You go out.
    You meet people.
    You get to know them.
    You click with someone.
    And you start a relationship.
    So get going. :slight_smile:

Lex

16. PopUpsSuck17

Whoa! That's EXACTLY what I thought! Except I AM a gay 16 [okay, 15, but work with me here!] year old boy, lol. Alls I gots to say is this: I wish I lived in Denmark :slight_smile:

17. Alex

Anyway thanks all for what you've said!

18. Alex

Since i cant seem to edit the previous post..
    Advice on how to make me stop thinking like this.. its rather depressing at times :frowning2:

19. Pancake

look at some ugly person: [​IMG]
    now look at yourself!

20. Starlight

Starlight Guest

Hmmm I want to see these braces, like I still want to see your tongue :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyway, everyone will often feel bad about their appearance and how they think they must appear in the eyes of others. The best thing to do is listen to other people telling you that you do look good because they see you through their eyes. People won't comment on every photo in the thread so don't worry about nothing being said about it, you've seen from this thread that people do like your pics :thumbsup:

You know I often go on about how bad I must look, but you along with others on here won't let me think that way. XD