1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I wait until I'm in a relationship to come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ChromeNerd, Sep 13, 2013.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not out to a lot of people because I feel a bit uncomfortable calling myself a lesbian and my sexuality doesn't seem to be relevant most of the time. I kind of feel like the best time to come out will be when I'm in a relationship.
    I'm not too sure I will be able to find a relationship if I'm closeted. I have tried coming out when I was fourteen, but most people thought it was just a phase.
    I kind of want "proof" before I come out. I'm not even 100% sure if I'm a lesbian yet. I kind of want to call myself a lesbian because I want to date girls and I don't really want to date guys, but it's hard to be sure of myself. It also feels wrong to call myself bisexual.

2. BadCanadaJoke

Well,I kinda know what you mean... I would also like to be in a relationship before coming out to certain friends and family member...
    It's really up to you... I would like to do that, but if it takes me as long as it seems it'll take me to find someone I don't think I can wait for that... I already feel that I'm hiding sth I shouldn't be hiding from them,like I'm not being honest with them.... but I'd definitely would prefer being in a relationship...
    For two reasons, have the proof you're talking about and also have some support if sth goes wrong with me telling them...
    I believe it's a good idea though...