1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bill009, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Bill009

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm bisexual and need help coming out. What should I do?

2. method

Hi Bill009, you've come to the right place. Do you have more information or more background to share?

3. Abbra

I would say just start out with the person you trust the most. This could be anyone from a family member, to a close friend, or even a teacher. Just make sure you are going at your own comfort level. Don't feel the need to yell it in a lunch room if you aren't ready for it.

4. 143kc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    First, make a list of the people who are most important in your life. Then, decide which you would rather come out to first, and when you're ready, come out. Don't feel pressured to come out... Just do it when you are ready!

5. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did it by text message to two friends who I trusted, one gay, one straight, as it seemed the easiest first step to take. I'd say start with someone you know is either LGBT or pro-LGBT and do it in whatever way feels easiest to you. That way it will give you some confidence to tell more people... I'm at that point myself, just slowly telling one person at a time! I also considered calling a helpline first to make myself say it out loud to a stranger first, but then in the end texting was easier. Good luck :slight_smile: