1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to Christian Friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lukeluvznicki13, Sep 16, 2013.

1. lukeluvznicki13

Hi guys.
    I have decided that on Bisexuality Day (23 September), I should come out to one of my best friends.
    The only problem is that she is a strong Christian and I have often overheard her saying that "homosexuality is wrong" and stuff like that. I really want to tell her as well because sometimes she would say, "Luke you sound like a girl" or say "oh that is so gay" to something etc.
    I have even asked her once how she feels about LGBT's and she just gave me negative remarks.

I don't know why I have this urge to tell her but I think that I should. I just don't want her treating me differently or not being my friend etc.

Any advice?
    Thanks
    :help:

2. TheMailman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Mmmhh.
    So it's important to you to tell her? Well, if you feel that you should, then do it.
    You'd be surprised by how unexpectedly positive people (yes, even people who are sometimes negative about homosexuality) can be about it. She might rethink her stance on the issue if she knows a close friend is LGBT.

Just make sure she knows you're sure about this and that it won't change now or ever. That's it's not a phase. Tell her that you need her support, and that's it was hard to tell her, but that you trust her and that your friendship means a lot to you. Remind her that Christians are supposed to embrace and love everyone, as Christ does.

If she doesn't want to be your friend because of this afterwards, then she isn't a true friend or Christian, and you don't deserve her. But I trust that she will take it well.

Good luck!

3. lukeluvznicki13

Thanks so much for your help :slight_smile: