1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Touch confused.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rocking23, May 26, 2008.

1. rocking23

I've identified myself as gay, i am attracted to guys.

but there is the odd time that i can say that a girl is pretty or attractive...

what now? Am i bi? because i really think im gay
    :bang:

2. otc877

otc877 Guest

You're human.

I identify as gay, but that's not to say there's a girl who will catch my eye. But, after I think about it for a bit I can't really picture myself being anything more than just flirty friends with her.

Don't get hung up on labels. You are what you are.

3. rocking23

@oct877
    I understand now. Since i am attracted to guys, I identify myself as gay.
    but your right theres that odd girl i see but i cant see myself with her

#3 rocking23, May 26, 2008
    Last edited: May 26, 2008
  4. Alexander

There's a list somewhere of questions to ask yourself - the most important one for me was, "Could you see yourself in a fufilling relationship mentally and physically with a member of the opposite sex? with the same sex?" Obviously if you can't see yourself in bed with a girl, you're not sexually attracted to them. :wink:

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being gay doesn't mean you think girls are icky. :slight_smile:

Lex

6. kramer362

I tried hanging onto the fact that I find girls attractive as a way to tell myself I was bisexual (aka not gay), which just wasn't the case. I can stare at girls or check them out when I think they're hot, but I generally don't desire to have sex with them, cementing my gayness :grin:

7. Hoppip

Sometimes I think that girls can be attractive. I think it a lot. I think all my female-friends are very good looking. I can see myself even dating them. But you see, the spark isn't there. The romance spark is gone - sure, I can tell them anything, and I'm totally comfortable, but that's it - nothing more. And they're pretty, I'll admit, but I'm not attracted to them. And they all think I'm pretty, but they're not attracted to me. Once I even thought I actually liked one of my female-friends, but I realized I was just getting attached. Don't let your hormones get all up in your grillpiece! : D Just take some time to sort out your thoughts. Remember, there's a difference between the truth (so-and-so is pretty) and attractiveness (so-and-so is a BABE and when I see her I get the butterflies in my tum.)

: D

Good luck!

8. phobox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to ask myself the same question and as a previous poster said, I also used my appreciation of certain girls as an excuse to call myself bi-sexual... which in reality wasnt the case for me at all. Basically just because you're gay, it doesnt mean you cant appreciate the female form... it just means that you generally dont find girls sexually attractive. But also as someone else said, dont label yourself, just be you :slight_smile:

9. byeee

I used to think I was 100% gay for years... had a gf, didn't get turned on at all although she looked good... and this year I had a few make-out sessions with another girl- guess what, I kinda liked it. I still don't imagine myself going further though- being with a guy is just 1000 times better. I guess it's just a normal body response...