1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my cousin.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheMailman, Sep 19, 2013.

1. TheMailman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey all!

So a few weeks ago, after I came out to my parents, I figured I should come out to my cousin too. She and I are two peas in a pod. We think alike and share the same tastes in just about everything! The only reason we don't spend all our time together is the distance of about a 4-hour ride. I was flushed with my parent's better than expected response, so the message I sent her over Twitter was rather cocky. I expected her to understand and take it well- after all, she has several gay friends herself.

But her last activity had been a day before, and for about two weeks, she posted nothing. In the meantime, I deleted my message, and she never texted me back, nor did she act differently when she came back online from her absence.
    Maybe she didn't see it? I'm hoping so!

Anyways, I have to come out to her this weekend, as she's coming from the city to visit. How should I come out to her? I'm thinking of taking her up to the roof at night (we sometimes spend time there, just chatting), and telling her there. we overlook the town from the mountain, so it would be pretty calm and pretty, with the lights in the distance.
    Whatever I end up doing, she deserves to know.

2. Abbra

Do it however and whenever you want. Just get to a comfortable point in conversation and just let it out.