1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frightening Vacation approaching...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MeskElil, May 27, 2008.

1. MeskElil

Okay, I'm going to the beach in a couple days with...guess who? My crush. She's my best friend (even more complicated) and she has no idea that i am the way i am (see side bio <----). and i'm kind of nervous about what i might do (not that i would do anything bad, i just might "out" myself unintentionally, and i'm not sure how she would take it.) and she's going to be in a wet suit (we're going boogie-boarding) and/or a bikini at times *tries really hard not to daze into space imagining it* so i'm just nervous...
    because i almost lost it one day when we were shopping for dresses for a dance and we went into the fitting rooms to try them on, and she snagged the wheelchair-accessible extra-huge one and said, "come on, we'll both fit." and so i went in there. i'll let you draw your own conclusions--but let's just say i had to look the other way pretty much the whole time...
    so i'm just not sure what i should do...please, i need help from anyone who has been in this situation! *sigh* i don't want her to know just yet...

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! Well, I have never been in this kind of a situation but I thought I'll throw my two cents in for whatever it is worth.

The best way to approach it might be trying not to think too much about it. Just try having a good time with boogie-boarding. Sometimes when we focus on something else the fears of (what might be or what if) disappear and we forget all about it. I'm sure you're going to be talking about tons of stuff where you don't have to think about what she knows and doesn't know about you and how you feel about her. I know it's easier said than done, but give it a try. I think the risk of outing yourself is pretty slim as it sounds to me that you aren't ready for her to know.

So, just try having a good time. Have fun!

I hope this helps a little bit.

3. Peridot

I have a best friend who can be VERY playful ALOT. I don't really have a crush on her but she's pretty hot.

Just try to have a good time and try to see her as friends. Try to be in her shoes. I know that would be really hard, but take this as an opportunity to get closer to her.

Sorry, that's the best advice I could really think of. :/

4. darkestknight

I agree... try to have a good time without worrying the small details. just be yourself and see her as a whole good friend! :grin:

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The best thing is to avoid temptation when it's offered. If she does the "let's both use one dressing room" thing again, you can either decline, or push the issue. "Why? Are you trying to test my sexuality again?"

Other than that, just go have fun. :slight_smile:

Lex

6. Sam

Sam

Have fun don't worry about anything else because when you worry about not outing yourself or doing something embarrassing you will probably end up doing just what you feared.

That being said last night I went to a friends house to watch movies (who I also like) and I couldn't hardly focus on the movies because all I was thinking was..... well you can just imagine and when she would laugh or smile I was just thinking of how I would love to kiss her ugh! It sucks liking someone who is straight. Umm I probably didn't help you in any way.

Just go and try to have some fun and don't worry about anything else although I would avoid any tempting situations!

Sam

7. Trumpetplyer23

Most important part, like everyone else has been saying, have fun.

I've been in this situation, minus the dressing room and bikini part, but I've had my straight(??) crushes ask me to hang out after school, touch me, and even fall asleep next to me.

I've kept in control by distracting myself, think about something dull, like Geometry. I know, nerdy response, right? Oh well, it worked for me. Seriously, when my crush fell asleep in the desk next to me (we were in a full classroom helping a teacher out after exams), I messed around with my cell-phone, and even tried to fall asleep myself.

Dressing room problem? If you're uncomfortable, just tell her. As a friend she should respect your privacy and whatnot.

8. MeskElil

well, it wasn't that i was uncomfortable...let's just say it took QUITE a bit of restraint...but it was kind of nice :slight_smile:
    tomorrow's the day, and i'm going to take everyone's advice and have fun. thank you all for the help...

9. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck! I had the same problem with my best friend a couple of years back. I agree with everyone else, the best thing to do is just try to focus on other things.