1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frustration, Aggravation...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Trumpetplyer23, May 29, 2008.

1. Trumpetplyer23

As many of you know (at least the ones who've read my other threads) I have a friend, we'll call her "H", I had a crush on "H", told her about the crush and we stopped being as tight, to put it into a nutshell.

Anyways, today was the last day of school for us. I decided that I would give her my home and cell phone number. And I did.

What I'm worried about is, what if she doesn't text/call me? I mean, I seriously don't think I have anything to worry about (I know, I'm a worrywart, sorry), but I just want to stay in contact with her and be her friend again.

NOTE: The revealing of my crush on her took place in early January.

2. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

Well for one, if you have her number, don't wait for her to call you, that'll just stress you out for no reason. Suck it up and call her instead, you'll feel better. Pride is important, and you may feel like she should call you for once, but all that leads to is sadness and anxiety, at least in my case...

If you don't have her number than WTF? I wouldn't really consider myself someones friend if I didn't even have their phone number the whole time I knew them...

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

You have put the ball in her court really, and it is up to her to make contact or not depending on how she feels.

Don't read too much into it if she doesn't make contact however. When we leave school, leave college, change jobs etc we often exchange contact details and agree to keep in touch, but it rarely happens. When we no longer have the common bond of school or work (which is often the subject of many conversations), and don't see each other most days, there tends to be less common ground or reason to keep in contact. As we move on to a new job or new school we make new friends and tend to think less about friends from the previous one.

If she is a close friend then hopefully she will keep in contact with you. But if she doesn't then don't assume it's because of the crush or because she doesn't like you. More likely she has made new friends in her new school, college or job and moved on.

You will probably do the same, too.

4. Trumpetplyer23

I would call her, but I forgot to get her number...

As for being out of school, I should have specified, it's only the end of our freshman year, we haven't graduated, yet.

I'm not stressed, too much, I just want to remain in contact with her over the summer. She's fun to talk to and be around. She says we're still friends, but I don't know how close we are. She's not the "touchy-feely, let's talk about our emotions" type.

As for not getting her number, I'm very forgetful, and it happened to slip my mind. I *almost* forgot to give her mine. That would have been bad.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>What I'm worried about is, what if she doesn't text/call me?

Then she doesn't. It's up to her.

Lex