1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help O_o

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Andrew, May 29, 2008.

1. Andrew

Well, today i was eating dinner... And somehow, my sister says "Omg thats rollercoaster is so gay at six flags.." Then, I said "Yeah that is a crappy roller coaster" Then somehow my step-dad starts saying OH Sounds like Luis... o_o Does he know I am gay or what? Plus, i had my phone at the dinner table and I was talking to one of my gay friends.. And it keep ringing and stuff.. My Mom was like who is that? And my step-dad comes in and says ohh its probably his boyfriend!?!?! What the :***: What should I do >_<

2. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I doesnt sound like he knows to me, just sounds like he's messing with you. But why not just ask him what he means by it?

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, ask. "What makes you think I have a boyfriend?" Put HIM on the spot, and see how HE reacts. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. EthanS

EthanS Guest

lol hes probly jus messin around , or he doesnt like u?? or mayb not..

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think he is just joking around with you. Unless you mentioned something or did something that would indicate to him that you are gay, I wouldn't worry about it. It sounds like he is just pulling your leg. But as Lex and Pepsi mentioned, and if you feel comfortable with it, put him on the spot and see how he reacts. Hope this helps!

6. Andrew

I would take your advice about pulling his leg and tell him what makes me have a boyfriend.. or whatever.. But then >_< it would be really weird for me.. I dont really talk to my step-dad so much..

7. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Well you could just ignore it, I mean if he really thought you were gay don't ya think he would just ask you rather then making fun of you

8. KatoKumi

Lmfao@boyfriend. That was me texting.

In all seriousness, though, I think you should confront him like Lex said. Maybe push if it would even bother him.

9. Alexander

Sounds like a teasing friend to me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

family sounds like either they're teasing or they already know.

10. Trumpetplyer23

Yeah, it just sounds like he's teasing to me. I get it all the time from my mom, it's annoying and embarrassing, but often times I put her on the spot like so:

Mom: [insert name here] is your girlfriend
    Me: Oh yeah, we go out on Friday nights. Be careful when you're not home, she might be here with me...
    Mom:.....So, what do you want to have for dinner tonight?

It was weird at first for my mom to tease me about it, because I wasn't really comfortable, but I figured "if she can make jokes about it, why can't I? I mean, it is my sexuality. If I want to joke about it, then I can".

Good luck!!

11. Quitex

Quitex Guest

Good news: they already know! Buddy, I don't know a single family or parents or whoever that'd joke about it without them knowing. I mean, either they are TOO open-minded, or they already know and are trying you to tell them
    Either way, good luck! and a big HUG! (*hug*)