1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my sisters..any advice?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BlackSwan, Sep 26, 2013.

1. BlackSwan

Ok, here is the thing..
    I have been thinking about coming out to my sisters, first to the youngest one because is the one I spend more time with lately. Few days ago, I told her by text message that I had something to tell her, but for some reasons I didn't. So now I'm not sure about what to do, if to text her and continue the conversation, or write her a letter... Sometime I think like "Ok, I'm ready! tonight I'm telling her!" but then I'm kind of afraid about her reaction, about how things could change or what she'll think about me. I know that it's normal to be afraid about those things...

I've been paying attention to her reactions about gay/bi people and it's a little confusing..but she's not homophobic but she's rather mmm sort of skeptical I'd say...I think :confused:

2. cellularwoahs

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey,
    Im kind of in the same situation as well. I have a younger sister in her early teens and a sister in 20s and I would like to tell one of them or both of them before I tell my parents just so I have somewhat of a support system. I spend more time with my younger sister, but I somehow feel I want to tell my older sister first. The way I like to think of it is imagine your sister telling you that SHE was gay. Would you think anything differently of her? Would you care not at all or a lot? Im assuming you wouldnt care at all and if you guys have a good relationship and she loves you then she will think the same of you.

I know.. easier said then done. I need to take my own advise still lol. BUT hey, were trying. Good luck!

3. BlackSwan

Hummm yes..actually I asked myself those questions, and you're right but I think maybe I think like that because I actually do like girls (however I guess I would think the same way if I wouldn't be like this :lol:slight_smile:.

4. BlackSwan

Did it!! (!) and she's ok with it :icon_bigg
    Hopefully I'll come out to my other sister one of this days