1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moral Dilemma

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nadski, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Nadski

Nadski Guest

Hey everyone,

I feel horribly horribly guilty at the moment and i was wondering if anyone may have some advice, because i am unsure of what i could do to fix it properly. I have been going out with this girl for a while now and she comes over quite often. My parents have no idea i am gay nor did i have any intentions on telling them i was until i finished year 12 (the end of this year). I know that my mum will be incredibly upset about who i am and will take a while to adjust to it and this is why i've tried to hold off until i am more mature and out of school.

I feel as though that because i have been having sleepovers with the girl i like (we don't do anything bad - except makeout :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) that i am betraying their trust and when they do find out i am gay and that i am dating this girl, they will be more hurt. i have also held off from telling them because i have a lot of friends that are girls (i go to an all girls school) and i know that they would be skeptical of everyone i brought home. As much as i want to do the right thing, i really like this girl and we never do anything bad, so am i a bad person for letting this continue?

2. BiPenguin

No, you are not a bad person. Even if it is decided or believed that you are doing the wrong thing to make out with her in bed at night, you are not a bad person.

You must do what you believe is right. If you feel dishonest by not letting your parents know, then you should discuss this with your girlfriend first. She might not want anybody to know either.

---------- Post added 27th Sep 2013 at 03:40 PM ----------

Nadski, I cannot take the moral stance that some would take simply because when I was in my first year of high school, I had a mate who would sleepover often. At night we often shared beds in my room despite having two in my room and we spent a lot of time alone during weekends and school holidays. And I was always meeting up with a woman as well so I won't try to take any high moral ground.

I suggest you sit this through with your girlfriend first and come on a mutual agreement of some kind.

3. Nadski

Nadski Guest

thank you very much :slight_smile: i think it is a good idea to talk about it with her, she is a bit more open about this than me, she hasn't told her parents yet either but she believes they will be ok with it

4. penguin machine

Penguin's right. The girlfriend should know first, and your parents second. Tell them when you're ready. If what you're doing in your private time is responsible, then you have nothing to worry about. I say keep doing something completely harmless and positive in the arrangement you have. The best thing that could happen is for your parents to hear it from you and be okay with it. The worst is a banning of any girls in your house, let alone your room.

This is your life, and you don't get any special bonus for how many times you were honest. You have a limited amount of time to be happy, I say go for what you can.