1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by thedudeabides, Sep 27, 2013.

1. thedudeabides

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I guess at this point i'm still in the dark about my orientation as far as being entirely straight or entirely gay. Actually just posted a thread about this here. Should I at least come out as bisexual though? I am 25 and only one person knows about my attraction and that is my best friend, I mainly told him because I am attracted to him and wanted to see his response. He was supportive but unfortunately did come out to me as well.

My family does not know and my other friends don't know, I think that my family while shocked at first would eventually be ok (I am not overly feminine). I think most of my friends would be ok at least the good ones. As far was my job I think I would wait on that, I've heard far to many gay jokes.

I would love to maybe one day try a same sex relationship if a hetero one doesn't work, and I feel this would free up. I can't stay in the closet forever.

2. PyroSpark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't see why you'd have to come out. If somehow you being bi comes up in conversation, just say "yeah" or be open about it.

3. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's totally up to you whether you come out or not. I have to say though, it feels amazing - every person I come out to is like a weight off my shoulders. And like you say, it will free you up to have a relationship with a man if you want to. That's why I'm doing it really, because otherwise I don't see how I will ever be able to chat up women :slight_smile: