1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with coming out letter

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Split Arrows, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Split Arrows

As I'm sure many of you are aware from reading some of my past posts, I am absolutely scared to death to come out to my grandfather. I have tried so many times to do this in person but always freeze at the last minute. I have decided that the best way to come out to him and my grandmother is with a letter, but I want to make sure it's perfect before I send it. I'm posting it below and would appreciate any help that you can offer, thanks.

2. LadyApp

First congratulations about your coming out actions for a happier you. It might sound silly but it gets better.
    Like you say in your letter it may sound impersonal to make a letter but can be a bit more subtle than confronting the situation face to face.
    I wrote myself a letter to my parents where I mainly told them who I was, how I felt at first when I realize who I was: my emotions, confusion, and lack of guide. Then how I needed to find myself and the journey I engage in being truth and honorable by being the person who they raised and yet my own and different.
    I remember I wrote something like as time went by and people knew about me, it just didn't feel right not to tell them how I was and how this also affected the way I chose to live my life.
    The main idea about being bisexual and yet the same daughter they love was out there and gladly they were very supportive and loving.

So i really wish you the same and your letter sounds very loving and honest so I will encourage you to open up, share your feelings too -remind them you still are a human-feeling being.

Hugs!!

3. Silver Sparrow

Good for you! You might just want to explain what bisexual means, and that it shouldn't impact their love for you.