1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can i know?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by patrickcarp, Sep 30, 2013.

1. patrickcarp

So, how do i know if i'm gay?
    i know that the canned response is that we're all a little bit in the grey area, but how can i really know?
    some days i'll be sure, i'll be looking around campus and just drool over all the guys. Not just the physically attractive ones but the charming, smart ones, ones with a good personality. but then the next day it'll just feel wrong, it'll feel like i'm forcing it, and i dont want to do that. In the same vein, however, i really would like to be in a relationship, not that i need one to be happy but i'd like someone to be like my best friend with sex thrown in occasionally (isnt that what all the best relationships are? :slight_smile: ).
    I'mjust so unsure, and i dont want to force it, to push myself to define myself, but i dont want to be stuck in this sort of limbo.... advice?
    stories?
    suggestions?

2. Split Arrows

It sounds to me that you definitely have some strong same-sex attraction but aren't quite to the point of accepting with yourself that those feelings are ok and natural. I'd suggest, maybe, that when you feel like your attractions are "wrong" (which they are not(*hug*)) just remind yourself that it's ok to feel that way.