1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush Help!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lostinthought9, May 30, 2008.

1. lostinthought9

ok, guys, i need some help, here's the story:

they have this really nice guy that i work with, who im crazy about, he is bi, so i stand a chance, we really don't talk much, but im bridging that gap in....but there's just one problem: he's taken.... so what do I do?? continue to like him? or.. move on?? and how??? somebody...please offer some advice....and the strange this is, i dont know if i want to move on from him...and he also told me today that he put his "two-weeks notice" in, so yea, before long, i wont have any contact with him :frowning2:...so yea...advice? please.

BTW---i posted this in the dealing with crushes sticky, but it was getting any attention...

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! I would suggest that you try moving on as best as you can given that he is already taken and it seems to me that you don't know him that well. I think that crushes often lead to disappointments because they are just what they are. Although it is hard to move on and to forget about it, often we move on ourselves even without realizing it at first. I don't think it would be a good idea to 'force' something in the last two weeks that he works there, because the disappointment might be even worse afterwards. Move on as best as you can. Do some things that you like to get your mind focusing on something else. I'm sure that you will find someone down the road. Hope this is of some help.

3. Helen

Helen Guest

I agree with the above, but what's stopping you from making friends with him? Just talk to him more, but don't necessarily let the crush motive come through when you talk to him. That way, you might be able to get his MSN or his number or whatever before he goes, just in case. You just never know :wink:

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say it depends on how hard you're crushing. What's your main, basic feeling towards this guy?

"He's a really cool guy that I'd like in my life"? - yeah, try to remain friends.
    "He'd be perfect for me, and it sucks that he's already seeing somebody." - let him go.

Lex

5. lostinthought9

my feelings for him can be described...like...that thread "be still my heart", i could go through all those replies about people doing romantic things, and the only person that comes to mind is him...so yea, that's how i feel...

--and Hln_D, you're right, i could be friends with him, and maybe later he could be available...