1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There's someone I like a LOT, definitely more than I should

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by evora, Oct 1, 2013.

1. evora

And it's freaking me out!:lol: But that's not why I'm writing here. I don't even know where to start...

We go to the same lectures and sit next to each other and I really like her and she probably doesn't hate me either but I've no idea if she's gay or not. At first I was sure she was but now I don't know anymore. I've tried asking her question that would have made it clear for me but she answered them in a way that told me nothing. Obviously I'd like to be friends with her because I really like her but at the same time I want her to know that this is who I am... I've started going to LGBT events so if we're going to be friends, she should know about this. I don't want to lie anymore.

How could I say I'm gay without making her think I like her like that? Because I can pretend that I don't have those kind of feeling for her and I'm sure they'd go away if I knew for sure she wasn't gay. So that's my dilemma. What should I do? (I have a few possible scenarios planned out but I'd like to hear what you'd do in my place.)

I've been thinking about inviting her to one of these LGBT events. Should I do it?:icon_bigg I feel like I really need to point out that this is a one sided thing, she definitely doesn't feel more than friendship for me and even that is in early stages so I don't know... Okay, I might have answered my own question just now but.. I'd like her to know and to hear from her that she understands and doesn't condemn me or anything...

2. LadyLuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Its tricky innit? Maybe you should ask her to go to an LGBT meeting with you as moral support? Then it sounds less like you're trying to find out if she is gay or not? And see how she responds? Also its a way of telling her you're gay at the same time! Killing two birds with one stone!
    I'm in a situation too where I'm trying to work out if the girl I like is interested... or even into girls... but I'm too much of a wuss to do anything about it...
    Let me know what you decide to do and how it goes! Best of luck!

3. kibeth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You could just wait it out - but that is torture: I've tried it. Maybe raise LGBT-topics subtly and see how she reacts. Although asking her to an LGBT meeting sounds like a good idee. Good luck!! =D